Tieztes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 41 year old female. About 4 weeks ago i noticed some swelling on my left 2nd rib next to my sternum. There was no pain or tenderness at all. I went to my GP she did xrays, ultrasound and ct. All were clear, all blood work was clear. About 3 weeks ago i started to have severe back pain and headaches. All the drs were stumped. The swelling is now spreading over my sternum. It still does not hurt. I can push poke it doesnt matter. The swelling is hard like bone. The drs now are trying to recut my ct scans to focus more on the swollen area granted the ct was 3 weeks ago and it has gotten bigger since. The dr also noticed that my clavical is more prominent on my right side and the lump or swelling is on the left. The radiologist thinks it could be tieztes but i am worried that it is not because i do not have the main symptom of chest pain. Can anyone relate? I read that tieztes is more common in people under 40. Any help would be great. This is driving me crazy. The doctors had to say chest pain was a symptom in order to get the insurance to approve my tests but i keep telling them i dont have chest pain.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kimberly, just wondered if you found out what was wrong for sure? I'm in so much pain and worried I've been wrongly diagnosed. Hope you're feeling better.

• Posted

Hi Nick. On Tuesday I had a steroid injection in my chest. They think it is costscondritis but also believe there is an underlying condition that may be causing it. It has been 3 months now and no sign of improvement. So far the steriod injection has not improved it at all. Because it is my 2nd rib my seatbelt lays across it and the pain is almost unbearable when I drive. I am about at my wits end. My doctor says there is nothing else she can do and I should be happy that at least it is not cancer. The radiologist ho gave me the injection seems more concerned than my doctor. I dont know what else to do I would like to get a 2nd opinion. You probably should too if you think it is a misdiagnosis.
    • Posted

Hi Kimberly... I think you are right. I'm going to talk to a GP tomorrow. It's terrible. I'm so sorry you are going through this too. It's definitely worth getting a second opinion. I'm going to mention this breast lump issue and see if I can have that looked into, if only to put my mind at ease... If that's at all possible whilst feeling this much pain. The only positive I have is that my appetite is ok... I keep Hanging on to that. My ribs have atually started clicking in the last couple of weeks... Not sure if I've caused this by pushing or what? It's important we check everything. I remember my GP mentioning an MRI scan when she booked the X-ray. Maybe that will be the next step? 

• Posted

Just realised I was replying to your thread and not my own! I thought your reply was there. Sorry if my reply seemed out of context. I had a breast lump checked and was told it was nothing to worry about and was thinking of getting checked again. It's all really stressful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.