Tight anus/internal hemorrhoids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male. Started having problems with my stomach around may last year, I think it was my ibs flaring up for the first time in years. Suddenly i'm sensitive to food, often constipated if i don't eat the right things (which was never a problem before).

Around December last year I passed a stool which tore my anus, which I have since learned was an anal fissure. This scared the hell out of me but it healed, althought I can still feel where the tear was. Since then I have developed what I can only describe as the muscle around the left side of my anus sticking out, as well as my anus feeling like it's sewn shut. The reason I think it is the muscle is because it is the exact length of the muscle I can feel on the other side, only that muscle is kind of hidden away and under the skin. This muscle, although not visible, is much further forward and profound... especially after a bowel movement. If I have a warm bath, I can massage this thing and I can feel it slowly begin to soften and go back in, but it never goes away fully and will be there again the next time I use the bathroom. My anus feels so tight that when I have a bowel movement, the stool comes out squashed. Not ribbon like, or pencil thin, but like the stool was fully formed, and has been squashed on its way out by the tense muscles if that makes sense. I have had the odd hemorrhoid pop out, and used cream on them and they have dissapeared, but this thing won't go. It subsides slightly when I excersise more and eat better, but it kinda bums be out that I have to do a lot of that just for this thing to go slightly. 

I have used creams etc and nothing has worked. The doctor took a look and couldn't feel anything apparently. Does anyone know what this could be and is it something to worry about? 

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am no medical professional but it sounds like you have a basic anal fissure and it is not chronic level yet. You should immiediately see a gastroentrologist and see if they recommend the botox injection. It will only get worse. You should also start upping your fiber intake to avoid IBS and hard bowl movements. Also stool softener pills from the local pharmacy. If you are riggourous with your fiber and softeners you can maybe avoid the procedure but sounds like you will need it.
  • Posted

It sounds like it could be a thrombosed hemmroid. If I were you I would go to the doctor and get it checked out.

As far as the anal fissure, here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

5. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

• Posted

Hey Shaunc95,sounds like you have anal tag,hypertrophied pappilae which is your body's failed attempts to heal the fissure.IF its not painful,give it time it will be reabsorbed by the body.Keep up water i take,foods in high fibre and healthy habits

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.