Tightness in diaphram after ablation

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had an ablation 8 months ago. I'm not sure when it started, but I've  had a tightness in my  diaphram like a tight band across my chest which is very uncomfortable.  I'm wondering any anyone else has experienced this -- (it's like a bra band that is too tight (men, pls forgive me for this example). 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi suzanne, I've had two ablations but have not experienced this at all.

Do you have shortness of breath as well? Does it come and go? If you are experiencing these discomforts it may be worth you seeking advice from your cardio or GP. Best wishes xx

• Posted

No shortness of breath and it's there all the time. Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

• Posted

I haven't come across this before and I've done quite a bit of research into after effects of ablation

Do you take diuretics? Maybe you have some fluid build up in your lungs. Although if you don't have shortage of breath, I can't really see that this is the case.

Sorry, plucking at straws for you!

• Posted

Suzanne  - I get the feelings you describe and it appeared to start or at least be exasperated after I had ablation in 2013.    It comes and go all the time.   If in the evening at home front fastening bra's are a on bonus.   It seems to come and go at random but I have seen a chirpractor who said about my diaphram. 

• Posted

Kate, thanks so much for your response, which at least makes me feel better since I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Can u explain your last sentence about what the chiropractor said as I didn't quite understand it. 

• Posted

Yes sorry.   It ties in quite a bit with other chats that have been going on this site about AF and some possible causes for some of us.     Not sure I will use the right technical term but its about my diapraphram being a bit high and neady to go down a bit.  Which she basically manipulates gently.    A lot of people with AF have a Hiatal Hernia and a Vagus Nerve problem.    The hernia is coming up out of stomach and the vagus nerve in the same area is a bit overactive.  I think I have got a combination of all three.    I acutally get quite a bit of what they call Visceral Pain in the chest and and liver area  - it varies every day.    You could easily mistake it for angina or gall bladder problems but it comes and go's all the time and has gone on for so long it cannot be anything more serious - just seriously affects me.   Certainly what you describe I have on and off at random.  

• Posted

Kate, thanks again for your response and I appreciate your explanation.  suzanne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.