tingling at the bottom of my jaw

Posted , 7 users are following.

As anybody had a tingling feeling at the bottom of the jaw, i have had pain in my right temple and earache as well all down the right side.

This has been going on for some time now, have mentioned this the doctor and my rhymi, but they dont seem to be bothered about it all , but its driving me mad.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know so well what you tell about your doctor's reaction when you describe your symptom.... They look at us as if we had two heads, + a mix of indifference and ' who cares'....

My rheumy is the one to act this same way opposed to my Internist who has a different attitude so I go to see him in situations like that.

It is unbelievable!

Yes, try to see another doc, a third one if you can!

Sorry for this painful symptom!

xxx

• Posted

Margaret Hi, 

When I was first diagnoised with PMR one of the first questions that my doctor asked me was "have you got any pain in your head temple area?" When I said no he then told me he was checking for GCA, as it  is also likely with PMR. Get it checked out by your doctor, or if need be go to another doctor for a second opinion, It is best to get it seen to I don't mean to alarm you.

Cheers Febes. 

Hope you get some help 

Fiona.

• Posted

Its ok Febes, i have had pains and earache in my temple for the last 10 months, been to hospitals and had it checked out, they said it was ok, BUT the hospital im now been treated at says i dont have PMR and want me off steroids, so thats what i am doing, But i do still get all the pain etc, this morning i went to the doctor she said i have an infection in my ear, thought that is why my jaw is tingling, But she said keep an eye on it and if it gets worse go back to see her, i am very licky as i have a great doctor.So many thanks for your reply.Mags
    • Posted

Mags, it looks as though you have a possible answer to the jaw pain already in that your GP has diagnosed an ear infection.  However, if the tingling persists, it might be worth a trip to the dentist in case there is a slightly exposed nerve or any sign of gum receding in that area, which can produce a tingling feeling in my experience.
    • Posted

Hell Mrs O, lovely to hear from you.

Yes my doctor said ihave an ear infection, but she is a bit worries because i having being having pains and aches overy my right eye and temple, so as asked me to tell the rhymi when i go.

I have told them when i first went, but they did not seem bothered so i felt better, but she said as she is still learning about PMR would i tell them.

She is a lovely doctor and does listen to me when i go see her.

I am due for a ultra scan so if i see the doctor then i will tell her.

biggrin

Hope you are well and take care love Mags. x  

• Posted

Having both GCA and PMR I would seek another opinion as soon as possible, especially because of the blindness factor with GCA. I started with GCA (confirmed by biopsy) a couple of years before PMR but my rheumy told me it usually happens the other way around. I have pain but I don't think any of it is from PMR and only had one flare probably because the GCA requires so much pred. My GCA headaches, which were horrendous at first, were in many places in my head - temples, forehead and from the top down inside. I still have some headaches but they are not as severe and are just "regular" headaches if that makes any sense. I've been on high dose pred from the beginning - as much as 80 mg. when the usual 60 mg. didn't work and have had four flares since the initial attack in 2009. I've had neck stiffness and jaw pain but the jaw pain is mostly with chewing. Since I've had so many side effects my rheumy started me on Actemra one week ago. I will be taking it as an injection every two weeks unless lab results show it should be injected every week. My pred was left at 30 mg. to which I had tapered and my methotrexate was lowered from 1 ml. to .8 ml.

Good luck! I'd be happy to answer any other question you may have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.