Tinnitus and HRT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

has anyone who has been taking Vagifem ever experienced Tinnitus? I have just stopped taking it and I am getting buzzing in one ear when I go to bed. It might just be a coincidence.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I just googled Vagifem and tinnitus and there seems to be quite a lot of groups where the link is mentioned, so it looks as though it could possibly be - it came up as highly suspected.  The only thing I got from it was a heavy discharge, irritation, and horrendous night sweats after I came off it, but I did get endometrial cancer after being on it for 16 months at three times the recommended dose.  But I didn't get tinnitus:-)
    • Posted

Yes Chris it is still working for me. I bought some Vit E capsules and wondered if you could buy pure vit E oil somewhere as I find piercing the capsule to get the oil out a bit tricky as you need to use more than one sometimessad
    • Posted

I honestly think the coconut (jar of organic) would do the same job.  You can scoop out as much as you want.  But the downside is I've found now the weather has got colder if you leave it in a cold room, it's hard to scoop out, so I'm going to make sure Ieave it somewhere warmer now!  I know the Vit E suppositories (Carlson) are part coconut and part palm oil, so I suspect they'd have the same effect too, but they're more expensive and I found the jar of coconut easier to use.  It being a lot cheaper is just an extra bonus:-)
    • Posted

Which balance active did you try..was it expensive..how often did you use it..only available online?im 8n the US
  • Posted

I havnt tryed it yet..are you stopping it because it didnt work..im trying to decide if i try an hrt which to try.Thanks
  • Posted

Thanks for the info Chris.   Lee it did work for me it stopped the burning and irritation. However since I came off it I went on to try Balance Avtiv Menopause and that was as good if not better without the worrying side effects as it is non hormonal. (So thanks for that Chris ) I use this for the vagina and hydromol emollient for the anal area which a drematologist prescribed after finding that everything seemed to rub and make that area sore. So I use that after passing faeces as well as to shower and before I put my pants on I rub some on direct to the required area.   MMh tinnitus and Vagifem link. How strange I only got it when I came off Vagifem. I am going to make a doc appointment to make sure I do not Have an ear infection as that is also a cause of tinnitus.
    • Posted

I'm so pleased to hear the Balance Activ is still working well for you Carmarie.  I know the studies say that hyalaronic acid, which that has in it, is the only thing other than hormones that will actually improve atrophy, and my gynie said it was safe to use daily (she also said that about the Key E pessaries) so unlike hormones, there's not going to be a limited time of being able to use it, so it's good all round:-)
    • Posted

Which balance active menopause did you get..there are several types
    • Posted

Did you actually use the balance active..are you still?
    • Posted

I used the Balance Activ pessaries from last October to about this September - up to the time I got the prolapse pessary fitted but after that because of the type of prolapse pessary (to support bowel, bladder and vaginal vault) I've got one with a knob on the bottom (looks like a coat hanger and when they're going to put a new one in I'm asking for the old one to screw it on the wall somewhere to hang clothes on!) and I can't get anything like a pessary up there but also need something to lubricate the knob so it doesn't rub and coconut oil, twice a day, is doing that for me now.  But my gynie did say that the Balance Active was good and safe to use even every day if I wanted to.  I'm not at all sure that you can buy it in the USA, but if you look for a menopause pessary with hyalaronic acid it will be similar.  It's the hyalaronic acid that has had such amazing results in so many studies now, which gives women a serious option to hormonal creams/pessaries.
    • Posted

Thanks,do you know how much a months worth would cost,also,did you use it everyday..i know my gyno will be clueless.Thanks,have a good Sunday.
    • Posted

I've seen 10 for £12 but it varies depending on where you get them.  I used them twice a week but my atrophy isn't that bad, so it may be that some will need them more.  Before I used them I got irritation around the vulva and they did sort that out.
    • Posted

Just looked and there's a product called Xaluron that sounds similar.  I don't know if you can get those there?

Have a good weekend there too:-)

• Posted

Lee, you are so welcome.  I'm always happy to try and help anyone as much as I can.  I feel so much for women who have such problems and wish I could do more!  I'd love to come up with something that would work for everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.