Tinnitus + Vertigo or Meniere's

Posted , 1 user is following.

Anone else ???? What I thought was a bit of Labrynthitis ,and swear that

T.T cause thay This time the dizzies  held on, and also made walking 

a bit of a problem ,and bending over caused a fainting feeling. Doctor 

said he couldn't say if it waw Vertigo or Meniere's at the moment, so gave me a tab ----- this is the best bit -------- that is usually prescribed for Tinnitus ,and he had never mentioned or offered it to me , over the 

four years I have coped with the damned noises

Drug called Betahistine,, 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I actually have had Menieres since 2011 in my left ear.  I have been getting vertigo attacks everyday for the last year or two.  Balance problems, 24/7 Tinnitus and 85% hearing loss.  I was just put on Betahistine (actually for vertigo) and they uped my water pill and with an extremely strict diet of no sodium or at least no more than 1000 mg, (knock on wood) I havent had one attack since then!!!!! smile
    • Posted

Oh, also ...it's been two weeks.  I still have the tinnitus, hearing loss and fullness...just havent had any vertigo!!
    • Posted

Hello Jennifer, thank you for popping i.  As the jury is still out on what

it is,  I'm. sort of hanging in the middle. have to say it's an awful thing 

these various strenghts of V or M  i think I prefer the Tinnitus

Funny  how doctors have their pet tablets for the same diseases

I do take Prochlorperazine for Labrynthitus which ,for me is very

effective two or three doses and it clears off .Doc suggested i take

that and the Beta----- didn't work at all, ,so I mixed and matched the doses,Tea time  the dizzies came on big time ,so I went to bed 

lay like a corpse in the dark ,this morning ,all i' m left with is the 

Tinnitus, I have a Walkman and use it too listen to talking books

seems to send the T.T to sleep for a few hours 

Question !!!!!!! are you stuck with the V & M for life, or is it a one off

or is it yet another problem that there is no cure  for????

I do seem to collect incurables 

I don't use a lit of salt as I like to cook fresh produce,as I also have

Diviticulitus that radically stops me eating .

I do so like to be different  redface cool rolleyes

• Posted

Hi smile  The symptoms of Menieres Disease are Hearing loss, vertigo, and tinnitus.  There are many more but those are the main ones.  Menieres disease is for life and a good percentage of people that have it will move to the other ear as well. Its just really maintaining the symptoms.  My worst one is vertigo because when it happens its for hours and im vomiting and will fall flat on face if I get up. Im actually on Betahistine 16mg 3xd, hydrochlorothiazid 50mg 1xd, Potassium 3xd a LBC Complex 3xd.  As long as my vertigo takes a back seat and I only get it a few times a year, Im all good.  I will just have to deal with the hearing loss, tinnitus, fullness and slight dizziness at times. So to answer your question it is for life but the vertigo comes and goes and I heard eventually tapers off as the disease progresses.
    • Posted

REALLY REALLY glad you replied. As the medicals are waiting, to see which, what or if ,I am left dangling,so, I have no deafness, the swimmy

bit ,we, know is Labrynthitis, so hopefully It's Vertigo, so I  will be happy to settle for that and my life saver tab Prochlorperazine, My body 

reallyobjects strongly to most chemicals, but it seems to like this one

I woke this morning feeling free of everything ,so i spent the day in 

Derbyshire , lovely driving through Chatsworth Park,and the deer were very close. Bought a couple of cashmere jumpers ,and a pot of the

worst tea I have ever tasted, reported to the tea person  

and the best bit is ,still no dizzies ,just my old friend T,T

You take an awful lot of tabs ,hope they all do you good !!!!!

eek love this face

• Posted

Forgot to tell you .the Beth-----gave me swollen lips felt most

peculiar, should put me off having Botox !!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.