tiny bumps on hands need diagnosis.

Posted , 8 users are following.

For years ive hand these small bumps on my hands. They seem like warts but they dont quite fit the description. They are small, appear mainy on the sides of my fingers and sometimes my palms (although I get them on the top and bottom of my fingers as well), they are a slightly pink color not quite red, they are raised up from the skin with a flat top and a dark indent in the middle. As they start to go away they become darker and flatten out, then the middle starts to peel away as if the skin was dead. They disappear within a week and usually pop back up another week... ice never had more than 2 at a time but recently they have flourished,  I have 8 on my hands combined and I notices some on my stomach and inner thighs... please help

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

View your doctor if over-the-counter bumps on hand, for example if you use clindmycin  don't help. Gently washing your hand with soap frequently could be helpful. Sometimes prescription medicines, just like an antibiotic, might be prescribed by your doctor............
  • Posted

Hello Mary, you may need to do a little detective work.  Have a look at the DermNetNZ link.  The site is a mine of information

https://www.dermnetnz.org/

Are these lesions itchy?  Have you consulted a doctor?  Are you in the UK?

• Posted

The bumps are not itchy and they do not hurt either
  • Posted

I have something very similar which is bugging me. I'm at consultant dermatologist on 9th Jan so coping till then.

I had similar all over the sole of my foot (gp and paediatrist said was athletes foot) which my dermatologist diagnosed as pompholyx exzema or something similar sounding to that so if it's that my medication needs looking at again as I'm immunosuppressed to supposedly stop my eczema, dermatitis etc

If your under dermatology I'd ask for a review.

Hope your sorted soon

• Posted

I had thought of suggesting Pompholyx but that is extremely itchy and the blisters are inclined to be like tiny water blisters in clusters.
    • Posted

They seem pretty solid, no water in them. They dont really itch either
    • Posted

Mine are itchy to start as they form but now no itchiness whatsoever. I am on the immunosuppresents to stop it though as well as citerizine so maybe that's why mine aren't itchy now. I just thought it was athletes foot or tiny warts as it came on a few days before I saw my consultant and doc said it was athletes foot.

• Posted

Hey have a look at my post. Pompholyx / Dyshidrotic Eczema .  
  • Posted

See a derm.... have a skin sample tested. The doc can make a diagnosis and prognosis.

Until then keep the areas u have this moisturized only use glycerin soap.

• Posted

I too have tiny little hard seg like bumps only on my hands. My wife says she can feel them when holding my hand. I can pock them off some coming off easilly and some not. Any answers to what it may be or the solution to ridding then would be welcomed.
  • Posted

I DID IT!! I got rid of these bumps by using 'Abreva' cream on them. It takes about one week for them to go away completely, but it starts working right away (especially if you can prick the bumps and give the medication an entry point), but it also worked on bumps which had no prick...it just takes longer to work. I don't have any herpes viruses that I know of, but maybe it works on other types of skin problems/viruses. TRY IT! You'll be glad you did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.