Tips and tricks for living with HS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm interested in hearing how different people manage HS - ie, how you handle open wounds, home treatment methods, cleaning practices etc. Also if anyone has tricks for covering up scars, I would love to hear them! 

I usually slap on a bandaid but this is not always effective as my hot spot is in between my breasts and it's an awkward place to bandage. I have a reaccuring wound at the top of my left breast, and when it isn't active (this thing is basically a volcano), I try to cover it so that I feel comfortable wearing v-neck tops etc. 

Any help is super appreciated!  Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I hot foot it to the doctors for ab's.  This usually works for me but sometimes I need 2 courses. 

On the advice of a nurse,  if they are in a spot which keeps rubbing ie top of inner thighs,  I put a dry dressing on to help stop it.  I usually use Mepopore plasters.  Make sure you put it on loosely so it doesn't hurt if it grows. 

Once the infection is clearing and it starts to drain I keep it clean and press round the edges (but not force) to help it on it's way.  If a get a recurrant one I have had them incised in the past and so far none of them has returned in that spot.  x

• Posted

i have it in groin. the large cotton pads are good. always neosporin and isopropyl alcohol on hand. curead is a brand in the US that has an antibiotic ointment with silver in it. i think they both work the same.

i have a dehumidifier i use.. just sitting in front of dry air circulating really helped with my deeper wounds post surgery. slather on topical antibiotics but let it dry completely beforehand.

biggest thing is diet. i have to eat clean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.