Tips on how to prevent endometriosis coming back?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I am just recovering from laprascopic surgery where it was discovered I had endometriosis. I am due to see my gynae consultant again in 6 weeks time for a follow up post surgery, however, I was just wondering if in the mean time anyone had any tips on how to prevent endometriosis coming back? If there is anyway of preventing it from growing again even! I would rather not have to have many surgeries to get rid of the growing endometriosis in the long term.

Many thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't think there is any thing proven as a defonite to prevent endometriosis from growing back. But there is things to prevent the pain and to help prevent it from growing so quickly. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2013 I had it lasered off and also I had the coil fitted. I can't thank the coil enough haha its been a God send. I'm also recovering from laparoscopy from the 19th of this month. Where endo was found buy only very very minor in comparison to 2013. I also take tablets called mefenamic acid (prescribed by my doctor) and they are a massive help when I have a flare up. Are you doing things to prevent endo pain now? X

• Posted

The only thing I know of are the ultra high dose birth control pills we took in the '60s & '70s. Don't know where you could get them now as the future threat of stroke & DVT put paid to them.

If you discover something outside of what you might read here, please let us know.

• Posted

Did you get coil fitted at time of surgery?
  • Posted

Hi there, i had laparatomy done 4 months ago and since then i have been prescribed Visanne to delay the recurrence of the cyst. I don't have any pain like most people do with endometriosis and sometimes i wonder what is happening inside. so far i have to wear a liner or pad everyday as I can't tell when my next period will happen and i have random days of just mild spotting or very little bleeding so that is also quite cumbersome to have to wear pads every now and then. For food, i read that its best to avoid soy products and anything processed so a change in diet would also help but can't guarantee 100% success rates yet. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.