Tired, achy muscles...and fatigue

Posted , 27 users are following.

Me again....I've been experiencing a feeling of tension/achiness in my muscles for almost a week....most notably along the sides and back of my neck, but also my arms and legs....even when I'm simply sitting down, they feel achy...I'm also exhausted by the end of the day and have a headache most days...all related? I do think I've been clenching my jaw a bit (right now, as a matter of fact), which I suspect is contributing to the neck and head aches (and probably my dizziness too)...but what about the arms and legs? Almost feels as though I can't use them (although of course I can)....they just feel very heavy and tired. I had a period (of sorts) last week (it was very light, and it had been a couple of months since I had one at all)....could that be the culprit? Anyone else feel this way? These symptoms are all making me feel as though I'm losing my mind!!!!!

4 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Wearykitty

bless you chick... maybe all hormonal .... been through some of this myself in the past aches etc, stiffness, tension... 

have you been to thr Docs, I cant remember if you had or not...

also B6 are you taking anything at all Jay xx

• Posted

Hello , I hope you received my message I sent, you , you seem like you know what you are talking about maybe you can help me too, I wrote you all my symptoms before.
  • Posted

I feel you!  I'm right there with all those symptoms also...light period, jelly legs and arms that tingle when sitting still as if they could fall asleep at any time.

These are days I have to find something to take my mind off of it or I get worked up with anxiety.. and I try to 

prevent that at all cost. 

Flaxseed works well with me. I keep a bag of organic flax seed from a company called Now Real Food. I only take a little at a time and if it doesn't work I take more. I know when I've taken to much, when my breast get sore. Google it and get some history about it. Hope you start to feel better. Be blessed xx

• Posted

Right there with ya! Yesterday was a great day no issues and anything. Was so relaxed. Today....ha-ha-ha another story. Feel like I was hit by a truck and they left.
    • Posted

Hi klvb

isnt it weird how one day we feel not bad and another so bad..

can relate to you..

hang in there... Jay xx

• Posted

YES! No consistency. Almost hard to plan anything because you don't know if you'll have a good day or a day when you just can't face the world!
  • Posted

hi ...

useful snippet of info incase you havent seen what i put before, helped me no end B6

Menopause Mood Swings & Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 may alleviate menopausal mood swings.

During menopause, mood swings are inevitable with estrogen fluctuations as the body ends its reproductive years.

Vitamin B6 may be one answer to alleviating increased agitation, depression and anger. B vitamins are responsible for mood stabilization by controlling hormone production in the brain and regulating hormone levels. B6 declines as menopause sets in and mood swings become evident. Increasing this vitamin may give women the added boost they need to enjoy the golden years with a better mindset.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

supplements of *********100mg to 300mg per day ... depending on severity 

• Posted

I have B6 in a multivitamin that I take everyday but it's only 4 mg. How much are you taking? Do you think I should take an extra supplement?
    • Posted

Hi Nancy

4mg of B6  wont make any difference to how you feel, i take 150mg B6 daily alone just B6 made me feel great 😀

Jay x

• Posted

Thanks Jayneejay, I will put that on my grocery list for this weekend and see how it helps. Hoping it will prevent the knee and leg cramps I get.
    • Posted

Hi nancy

yes do try and increase the B6 .... some doctors also give it for peri and menopause too... see the info above that i posted ...

i take 150mg every morning, my B6 is actually 300mg but I split mine, and 150mg works well for me, my achey body has improved no end and even lost weight and not at all over weight... anxiety no more... energy up...  😀

supplements of ****100mg to 300mg per day ... depending on severity..

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause.

It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

good luck i hope it helps you ....Jay xx

you ask where we are all from I am in Southern Spain 😑

• Posted

Hi my name is Sandra I really like what you said and how you are so intune , to how I feel I also feel tingly in my hand and feet and sometimes I feel like my circulation is not right , I do have menapaus, and I take a patch call miniville, prescribed by my holistic doctor how ever I still feel all those symptoms of anxiety and don't know how to handle them, but I'm going to try that b6 I do take B12 from time to time, but is there anything else I can do for my symptoms, I mean I can't even loose weight because I'm not even motivated to excersize is that bad. Please help anyone!
    • Posted

Hi Sandra

This reply above i put 11 months ago.

Since i am now 21 months post meno.

No hrt as cant and wont take it.

I do however use a vaginal ovestin ovule from gyno for vaginal dryness as that occurs post meno. ( for many women)

I had a 9 - 10 year natural peri, i am aged just 51.

I took and still do 2500mg Maca capsules x 1 a day

Mega B 100 complex ( containing 100mg of B6 and B1 plus others

I stopped taking B' vits for a while and my lord i knew it, restarted and feel improvements again

I have B12 injections weekly now aswell and i am also taking 2200ug of vit D3 as bloods came back as insuffienct also i take Chelated Magnesium as Vit D taken alone can deplete magnesium we need.

Jay x

• Posted

Sandra

Have you had blood tests check things, as in my peri all went crazy, blood sugars, cholesterol, thyroid, etc

I lost weight in peri and still am now,

Good to have full bloods done and maybe B12 and Vit D checked too

Jay x

• Posted

I'll bet that no one has told you that Magnesium and Vitamin D should be taken together in order to avoid vitamin D side effects and to maximize absorption of both nutrients. Nutrients don't work alone, and when it comes to taking vitamin D, it's important that you take magnesium and vitamin D together and not JUST vitamin d alone in large doses as this can lead to what people BELIEVE are vitamin d side effects, but are really just magnesium deficiency symptoms that have been induced because of how vitamin D 'uses up' magnesium in its conversion to its 'active form' in the bloodstream from supplements and sunlight.

• Posted

B6 is wonderful. I knew an older lady who was really acting crazy. They were about to have her committed when her doctor did a simple test and it showed she had B6 deficiency. He started her on that and within only hours, she became herself again!
    • Posted

Hi Sandra and everyone else. I HAVE TRIED ALL HRT replacements to no adue. I finally heard of booTS hormone pellets and tried those! There is nothing like it! They are expensive, but not any worse than most hormone replacements. Its a pellet the size of a grain of rice that they implant in your butt cheek. They last for 3-4 months, are all natural and only released as your body needs it. They do cost around 300.00-350.00 but as I said, they last you 3-4 months. The implant is harmless, takes about 5 minutes with a local injection. It brings your libido back as well. You will feel like your in your 20's again. They're great and the only HRT that ever worked on me.

• Posted

Very good tips.  I will implement mine too, hopefully 

this will help me.

• Posted

i had blood work done my vitamin D very low and my dr presctibed a 50000 iu vitamin D tablets...i'm scared to take them! I was reading about them and  peoples experiences and i won't take them.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.