Tired of doctors

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been feeling not myself for a year nearly, I have a lot of symptoms, from occasional stabbing chest pains, tightness/pressure feeling in sides of neck on and off, had some symtoms of silent reflux on and off, and tired alot, seen so many drs all say its anxiety, I know what anxiety feels like, this is not the same, ask for endoscopy no joy, seems like everyone thinks I am making it up or that it is in my head, makes me feel sad x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately this is how some doctors are they just brush everything off as anxiety.

I have it regarding my heart and I've had a bad time with it so my doctor booked a 24hr ecg and it come back clear so said he could refer me to a cardiologist for piece of mind but only if it would stop this anxiety when they say I'm ok. I haven't been referred I'm trying to get through it without being nervous for results and appointments.

See a different doctor and say it's ruining your life if they can see how bad your struggling they may help. You need to find a doctor that sympathises with you x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply XxaimX, sorry to hear how you are feeling, I have lost count how many drs I have already seen, always the same from them, never offer any testing for peace of mind, wont give me anything for anxiety only beta blocker which only helps the pounding heart, no offer of councelling or cbt, have to do all that myself.x
    • Posted

Yeah they see your history of anxiety and nail everything to that! I was anaemic that's why I had tachycardia but it was anxiety till my results come back! It's caused anxiety definitely! Oh yes you have to self refer now and my waiting list is 3 months! What a joke!!
    • Posted

it is crazy isn't it, doctors just seem pointless x wow 3 months is a long wait x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.