Tiredness and excessive yawning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Originally, I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg because anxiety was making it extremely difficult for me to sleep. Now, I cannot deny that Mirtazapine helps me sleep (it puts me out like a light), but does anyone else feel, if they didn't set an alarm or literally drag themselves out of bed, they would sleep they entire day away? And, also, when I am awake, I feel like all I am dying is yawning and rubbing my eyes - has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi david.

I can put signature under everything you have written. 15mg for me was too much ... yawning ... eyes burning (still present) ... complete tiredness ... I could sleep, then wake up for breakfast, then sleep, then wake up for lunch, ... For how long have you been on Mirtazapine?

• Posted

over 3 months ... about 16 days ago I tapered down to 7.5mg and it is far better ... anyway will try to get off of it
    • Posted

See, what happened with me was, I don't have one specific GP; there are two that I like, and normally I just go and see whichever one is available at the time. So, the first GP put me on mirtazapine - 2 months later, I go to an appointment, and the other doctor asks me if mirtazapine is helping my anxiety and I said no, all it does is help me sleep. And the second GP says that he doesn't think my anxiety stems from a chemical imbalance in my brain; he thinks my anxiety is a behavioral thing; a bad habit that I have taught myself, so to speak.
    • Posted

Well, normally I would recommend you to listen to your doctor ... but not GP ... better pdoc
    • Posted

I'm not sure what you mean. A GP is a doctor, I thought.
    • Posted

Yes ... but psychiatrist knows much better how to progress
    • Posted

Oh, I don't have one of those. I'm going to be getting Cognitive Behavioral Therapy soon, would that be done by a psychiatrist?
    • Posted

Normally not I think ... psychiatrist knows how to use medication ... psychologist normally provides therapy ... at least here in Czech Republic :-)
    • Posted

perhaps i'm just on too high a dosage. i like that mirtazapine helps me sleep. it was a life saver when i was suffering from insomnia. but i really knocks me out, and i'm quite a big guy.
    • Posted

As I wrote in the first post - I had the same experience ... I was really exhausted entire day. Do you also feel like you are coming down with a flu? I mean such a feeling like malaise
    • Posted

I don't get the flu-like feeling, but I literally have to drag myself out of bed each day otherwise I would just sleep and sleep and sleep.
  • Posted

this drug is evil the side effects and withdrawls out way the benifts
    • Posted

i haven't had any side effects other than the yawning and slight tiredness.
  • Posted

perhaps i'm just on too high a dosage. i like that mirtazapine helps me sleep. it was a life saver when i was suffering from insomnia. but i really knocks me out, and i'm quite a big guy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.