To stop Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been 15mg Mirtazapine for 6 nights - I have broken out in a rash. My mental health nurse has advised me to just stop taking it. Is this OK to do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Should be ok, very short stint, but you may feel bobbles for a week or so.  This is a short enough time that your nervous system didn't likely change in response to the drug.  Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks Betsy, I'm feeling awful today, just like I did before I took the Mirtazapine. I slept ok last night but now feel sick to my stomach and really anxious.

• Posted

I would stop taking it. Follow the advice of a medical professional. You could reduce to 7.5 for a few days but not necessarily needed since you were only on them for 6 days.
    • Posted

I didn't take last nights dose and feel awful today but I've not to take them again as I'd be going against medical advice.

• Posted

Hi Annie

Just wondering, has there been any other changes to your medication over the last few weeks at all?  

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I went to out of hours the next night and it turns out the rash is fungal! 

I have been given Sertraline as they worked for me before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.