Toe/foot Numbness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm currently away in Cyprus, so not sure whether to visit a doc. Woke up this morning with the toe next to the big toe on my left foot feeling numb.

This evening this seems to have progressed to my big toe aswell. 

I'm 25 and male, is this something I should be getting checked out or am I ok to leave it to resolve it's self?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

This was similar to how my neuropathy started, although I was older than you and it was all my toes at once.  I literally woke up one morning in 2003 and my toes were numb.  

Yes, you do need to see your GP and get a referral to a neurologist and have blood tests for things like diabetes.  But you may find that despite lots of blood tests and consultants you never get to the bottom of it, if it's not one of the obvious things.

My neuropathy has been relatively stable, with no obvious implications over 12 years, so may be nothing at all to worry about, but you definitely should get it checked out.

James

• Posted

Hello James,

Was your Neuropathy contained to the feet, or was it more widespread?

Mine started in the lower leg and spread to the toes after.

Paul

• Posted

Mine was the other way round, Paul.  Started in all ten toes simultaneously and within a couple of days had numbness in my feet like they were stuffed with cotton wool.  Gradually spread to ankles. Stabilised, then about a year ago was conscious of reduced sensation in my legs too, although on all the tests it was not severe enough to show up above the shin.  Diagnosis was "small fibre neuropathy" but couldn't establish a cause.

James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.