Told him, waiting to hear from him is the worst :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will admit in the beginning I didnt do a very good job of telling a guy, I cried and blurt it out.  My bf of 4 yrs, said it didnt change the way he felt about me.  I felt like luckiest girl in the world but our relationship ended for other reasons.  He got tested and was negative.

I felt obligated to call my past bf then b/c needed to let him know, which he ran out of the room, never to hear from him again.

Now I met Mr. wonderful, after mths of dating, I was ready to tell him.  I didnt cry, and did all the things you were suppose to.  Keep it short, unemotional, no big deal, and the facts.  he asked some questions, I answered, and he wanted to make love afterwards for the 1st time, so we did protected of course.  He said we would figure it out as went along, that he liked me.

3 days later nothing which is worse than telling someone. I texted him, told him I enjoyed our time together, understood he needed time, (after all, I did) he text back and said some time was needed to "contemplate the situation.'  Now a week later and nothing, so down that he doesnt have the nerve to tell me.

Why is that? any thought would be appreciated

Hearing nothing is worse than anything. I will leave him alone, I realize I cant make him want me but just very sad that can talk to me 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You know, I've seen this happen w other girls and the guy is just into you for one thing and one thing only. He just used this as his perfect escape route.

I will recommend that there's a site specifically to help w support of disclosing, w videos and pamphlets you can downdoad and print out, to hand to a partner you disclose to. Google H Opportunity.

I know it's not easy dealing w rejection, but he's clearly not the right guy for you and you most definitely do not want a man who acts like a coward in situations. Keep you head up, the right one will see through this and not even blink. I have 6 gfs who are all married w kids, who had herpes before their husband's.

• Posted

Hello liz sorry hear that happen to you.. be very disappointing..and as hurtful as it is, given the chance, you probably may have done the same if the roles were reversed..don't judge too hard  ,he obviously did like you but is scared of the herpes virus, and yes it would be nice to be told face to face.

There will be someone for you who will be understanding of your plight, your still every bit as good as the next person, you must believe that.

best of luck and I hope this boy responds so you can have closure.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the kind words Jane.

After 2 weeks of silence, I did hear from him via text saying "I hope all is well."  I'm guessing he didnt know how to start the conversation so I jumped in and asked him if he would like to meet for a drink and talk and actually got a yes back ......I will admit I got alittle excited he wanted to meet but really trying not to......because really nothing has changed and I need to stay strong.  We are meeting this weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.