tomorrow is my official one month

Posted , 11 users are following.

I just wanted to say thank you to each and everyone of you who have been there with me since day one . Your advice, your words of encouragement really meant so much to me. I have never made it a month sober before and a month without cigs (except prego of course) I feel like my Lexapro actually has a chance at working now and I can feel the difference in my attitude and mine, so stupid of me to take these prescription meds and continue to drink, no wonder I was such a mess. One is an antidepressant and the other alcohol is a depressant. Duh what did I think would be the outcome? I was more depressed then ever on Lexapro and drinking daily,. Anyways that's a whole mother story. I'm just grateful for all of you wonderful people who know the struggle , who faced it or are facing it and find the courage to admit to it. I think a lot of you all. I also went from about 7-8 miles a day to now 15-19 I'm a cardio fool lol . Anyways here's to my month SOBER and many many many more (as in all of them)

Lori

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Congratulatons!  I know that you have the gift...I have told you that before.

So in your sober journey...don't ever, ever think you can try a drink.

I had 8 years sober and made that mistake...I never got the "gift" back.

Don't let it go Lorin.

Doing anything special for your 1 month? 

• Posted

I might do a little shopping and take the day off of my crazy workout routine. And I totally understand what you mean and I think when the situation comes up and the thought sneaks in that ... hey come on you can handle a drink or two here and there... I will remember your words and know that your lesson doesn't have to be in vain, that instead it can help me make a better choice as it will many others. I genuinely feel as I do have that gift and I'm hanging on with dear life. I just keep smiling at myself about my month tomorrow 😀

• Posted

Yes, don't forget...ever.

Yes, buy yourself a well deserved gift.

Life is so much easier sober...you can fit the time in now to do something special for yourself...rather than drowning all the engery from a bottle.

• Posted

HiHi

That's brilliant news, well done am so pleased for you.

Robin a regular on this forum suggested that I reward myself with something special using the money I'd have spent on booze.

I bought myself a lovely ring, which I never take off. Sounds stupid I know, but that ring is so special for two reasons.

One, it reminds me of how low I'd sunk by drinking and now way am I going back there and

Two it gives me hope, yes sometimes I'm tempted into necking a bottle of wine, or drinking before I go out, then see my ring and think don't be a prat, look what you've achieved, do I really want to go back to lying in bed all day drunk, not showering for a week, no makeup, shaking, no apertite , NO I DONT BAD IDEA

Be proud xx

• Posted

Awesome idea and one that I think I will definitely use. Some piece of pretty jewelry to remind me of the past and keep me focused on the future. Lovely idea. I love it. Genuinely thank you!
  • Posted

Congrats to you ..

That's absolutely amazing ..

Now you can own your feelings and be happy..

😊

• Posted

Exactly... good point. Someone mentioned that to me the other day and I forgot about it until now and thinking about it that's an excellent point.

• Posted

Well done Mrs - fantastic - you have nailed it right on the head - a ring sonds a brilliant idea.............Gx
    • Posted

34 days sober. I feel better I look better I lost about 8 lbs. I also realize I'm somehow very lucky. Alcohol is not even a temptation. I was asked to bartend a wedding coming up which I declined . Not because I would be tempted but bc I put that old life behind me and I don't want to go back there. Past is the past for a reason and that's just how I feel about that. smile

• Posted

Congratulations Lorilin!!! I like the idea of the ring. Nice to treat ourselves.

Keep us updated on your achievements. smile

• Posted

amazing! Treat yourself...nice present! Keep going and WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU!! Robin
    • Posted

Thank you. I did treat self . To a coffee bar in my room next to my reading nook . Something very comforting to me curled up reading with a hot cup of coffee these days . I plan on treating myself to little things every month I make it. Thanks so much for your support .means so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.