Tonsilitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Firstly this is my first post so if it's in the wrong place I apologise.

I have repeated tonsilitis, usually atleast 6 times per year for the last 6-7 years. Lately they are getting worse and I have now suffered from this a second time in the space of 3 weeks. I have tried antibiotics which sometimes have made the pain go away, briefly, and sometimes don't work at all.

I was previously fired from my job for having too much time off, due to my tonsilitis.

I have just started a new job 5 weeks ago and have already had 2 weeks off, and today I have had to have more time off. I have been warned at work about taking time off repeatedly.

I have now been to two GP's and neither will refer me to have them taken out or looked at.

I have been given an inhaler because sometimes I have trouble breathing at night when my tonsils are swollen, yet DR still won't refer me. I have lost my job, and now potentially a second job because of this. I cannot attend work because the pain is so bad that I cannot eat.

Generally, everytime I have tonsilitis problems I also get severe ear ache, and a bad head cold.

I wont name names, but i had an appointment at the GP today and when I told her I may get sacked again she literally said, "owell".

I am due to go on a training course that I've waited for months for now, that i can't attend because it's half way across the country and I can't go while I'm this Ill.

I don't know where to turn to, but this is ruining my life and I feel like nobody is listening to me.

Any advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well, first dont take antibiotics..not sure if it was prescribed by the Doc ? 

Try natural way with hot water and salt gargles... and see if it works. And try taking probiotic drinks. 

• Posted

Yeah Dr has prescribed antibiotics several times, which clearly don't work. I tried explaining this today but I don't think Dr was interested in my input lol.

I will try gargling salt water, any recommendations for probiotic drinks?

Thanks

• Posted

Antibiotics will not work cause it maybe viral infection. 

For probiotic drinks any you can find suitable to your taste.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.