took my blood sugar monitor results to the doctor.

Posted , 2 users are following.

so yesterday i took my own blood sugar reading using a monitor i bought and the results were, 2.2mmol fasting reading, followed 4 hours later by a 2.1 mmol reading 2 hours after breakfast,  then after eating lunch and reading it again 2 hours after it shot up to 8.7mmol then 4 hours later it dropped into normal parameters of 4.4 followed another 4 hours later of 5.8mmol.. the doctor said it's definitly not normal and has booked me in for HBA1 testing next week. she also added (much to my surprise) that she was SHOCKED that with my symptoms i havent been tested sooner, seen as iv'e been feeling like this for 20 months and now on top of the already huge list of symptoms i have now started fainting. it took me doing my own blood readings to get the test booked in and some real action from the doctors..not good but at least the test is booked in now.hopefully i will finally get some answers and treatment or at least rule out diabetes

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just try to remember that if you are diagnosed as having diabetes, it is not the end of the world as there are many medications available to treat it.

Maybe for you it will require some lifestyle changes, but at the end of the day I feel certain that you will be able to live a normal life with it.

Incidentally it is strange that your surgery has not picked-up on this sooner. 

• Posted

i eat healthily and i don't drink or smoke so if i do need lifestyle changes then i don't know what else i can do, but to be honest just having a reason/diagnosis for feeling like this would be good, i don't really care what it is..but whatever it is just give me the pills and make me better.. hahahahaha. i'd like to be able to get back to my life. cheesygrin
    • Posted

If it does happen to be Diabetes, at the present time there is no known cure, just treatment to increase the production of insulin within the body.

Depending upon it's severity it could mean regulating your diet, tablets or at worst injections, none of which should pose a problem for you.

As for lifestyle changes, eating at regular times become a necessity, as does being careful about what you eat and taking regular exercise.

If you have a 'sweet tooth', which I suspect you have, then the name of the game is cutting-back, not cutting-out.

I wish you the best of luck - please let me know how you go on. 

• Posted

to be honest if i have to have tablets or even injection (if it is diabetes) then as long as it makes me feel well again then so be it, i do have a sweet tooth but i don't over indulge in it, everything in moderation. the main thing for me will be eating at regular set times, but i'm sure anything i have to change will be done but yeah i'll keep you posted on results etc. thanks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.