Total Andominal Hysterectomy with Estridel patch

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 43 and I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on Monday 12/19/16 and they gave me a hormone shot Tuesday evening and started me on Estradil .01 patch on Wednesday.  I changed it yesterday.  How long does it generally take to get leveled out with these patches.  I have no appetite and my stomach feels jittery.  I think it's too much estrogen, my doctors office said it's too low. I have read that some people function better with lower estrogen.  They say not to focus so much on such a high estrogen level, but as to how you feel.  Some positive feedback would be great.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm on the same patches as you and don't get any side effects only thing is they make you a bit bloated I'm going back to doctors in Jan to continue on them as they suit me I eat healthily as these sort of things can make you put weight on but so far I'm OK with them I had mine in Nov 2015 hysterectomy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.