Total Body LP

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed in January 2015 it was a few spots o my belly are and lower back. Now it's in my hair, full torso covered except my arm pits,hips butt, thighs covered calf area some, as well as ankles and feet. Oh and newly discovered the palms of my hands. I am totally disfigured I feel lke I'm being eaten alive by a trillion fire ants at ALL times. I've tried ALL the steroids which only p*ss the monter off and I get more breaks outs. Topicals do nothing. Ive tried homepathic treatments, turmeric ginger ACV, everything I could find.. My Doctor says she has never seen a case so bad, I need to relax and stop stressing. Thats when I lost it. Someone please tell me how I can stop stessing when I itch 24x7 my entire body is covered with this crap. I cant sleep all I do is cry and pray Im about to loose my job because I cant focus enough on work. Ive become a total recluse because of my skin. Im really loosing it not sure how much longer I can exist in this agony because its not livingsad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds all to familiar...!!!  Ive had it now for 20 years, it comes and goes. To Be honest theres no quick fix.  The only thing Ive found that stops the itching is antihistamines, anti allergy ones with acrivastine in worked best for me.  Not being stressed and sunshine or sunbeds eventually gets rid of the lesions.  Hope it helps
  • Posted

I started out wit LP over a year ago - breakouts on arm and leg.  The topicals did not work for me, fortunately it did not burn.  It has sense gone to my mouth and have just gone through the worst flareup ever.  The Dr. had to prescribe a mouth numbing solution just so I could brush my teeth.  Within this forum someone suggested reading "The Autoimmune Solution" by Amy Meyers. M.D.  I have been on the diet for under 1 week and have only one bad area in my mouth.  I am really starting to blame all the GMO's that are in our food.  The diet is tough in that I do not see being able to eat out much, but it is better than the pain.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Just relax...meditate..do whatever to calm down your system.  It sounds like stress is doing a bad joke on you.  I have oral and vulvar LP, diagnosed 5 months ago. My mouth was inflammed and had ugly white patches all over.  I freaked out, until my dentist, very casually, said it was OLP.  I immediately researched the disease online and changed my diet about 90% - eliminate my alcohol and all processed food, got a mini-ninja and do detox of my body, yes it is true, we do not know what they put in all this food we buy at the supermarket..all of which has been going into our body for years.  Keep fighting it and relax..
  • Posted

I agree with the other posts, I think you need to do some research and find the right diet that can help you, and stick with it!!  Get a food diary and write down EVERYTHING  you eat, noting if you feel any adverse reaction afterwards. Start off with a few really simple foods, and gradually add to them, build on that, making sure you cut out alcohol and soft drinks, drink only water to start with, get a water filter, and drink only from that.  I am currently on a really difficult,  diet which involves being Gluten, Dairy, and Sulfite free, its not easy, its hard!! but I have no choice at the moment as I have some serious health issues with Sulfites which is the preservatives that they put in food, but I am sticking with it because I feel like I have no choice, and neither do you my friend!! You need to take control of this starting from the moment you leave the supermarket with some ORGANIC foods and a rigid diet, as I think you could become sicker, if you don't act now. Have you looked at Gluten, Dairy and Sulfites? if not, its something you need to do.  I feel bad for you, it can't be easy, but if you can take control now, which I believe you need to do, you could start to see some improvements.  Taking Vitamin D, a good Vitamin B Complex and a good probiotic can't hurt,  let us know how you are getting on (hugs)
  • Posted

I'm so sorry mia71353, that you are going thru this. It is mentally and physically exhausting. I have lp on the palms of my hands, ankles, and the soles of my feet. I also have oral lp. The itching is beyond intense. The only thing that helped me was corticosteroid pills. It was an almost instant relief. My doctor started me out on a very high daily dose of 70mg for 3 days, then 60mg for three days, 50mg for three days, etc. every 3 days I reduced it by 10 mg until I got to ten mg, then it was 5mg for 3 days, then 2.5mg for 3 days. I'm finished with them now and so far so good. It was a miracle for the lp on my skin. Unfortunately it didn't do a thing for my oral lp. I've read that oral lp is very difficult to treat. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.