Total hysterectomy 8 weeks ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had total hysterectomy 8 weeks ago tomorrow ,done by keyhole surgery still got my overlies,surgery was to have fibroids removed then tubes womb and cervix., then while in recovery I had A bleed which resulted going back under to be fixed,but I was hoping I would be back to myself by now,  I have tried but keep getting really sore pelvic pain and swells and sore in between my legs,,I was signed off for 6 weeks by hospital, and the last two weeks by doctor,and all they keep telling u got to give it time but surely should be back right by now plz any one else having same .

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry spelling is ovaries
  • Posted

You've actually had 2 major surgeries, and been anesthetized twice in a short time. So 8 weeks isn't a long time, not at all.  Everyone recovers at different rates.  Also, it is 6 or more weeks for external stitches and 6 months or more for internal parts to heal.  

Please be gentle with yourself and not over do it!  Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Thankyou I just hate having to go to the doctors every week ,I always get the feeling they think I should be ok by now ,my head may be ready to return to work etc but certainly my body isn't,sure they don't even read the note saying on me ,

• Posted

Should really read back to myself before posting lol,I meant I am sure the doctors don't even read the notes about my surgery.

• Posted

You're probably right about them not reading your notes.  And, if you'll permit me, I think that you badly want to be doing something, but though you think that your head's ready to get back in the game, your body's saying, "Time Out!" xx

• Posted

Hi lisa,

I know how you feel...

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, so removing ovaries and the cut.

I am 7 weeks tomorrow and i feel bloody awful.. And yes people say to me it will take time but doesnt make you feel any better does it? 😞 i have reasonable days and really bad days, i dont feel like me and apart from my horrible sagging stomach i get a pain and swelling also.

My Gp gave me hrt on monday but still haven't taken them, i invested in a ladycare magnet from boots which had quite good reviews....

Been given another 6 weeks to recover so ive decided to go on some longer walks with my dog and get stuck into another box set to take my mind off things.

i hope you start to feel better soon, but dont lose heart and remember your not on your own, there are plenty of us in.the same boat. X

• Posted

HI Zoe oh no poor you too, yeah you get fed up with people saying give it time ,my doctors are a pain as been going weekly as only giving me weekly sick notes ,last week they suggested I went back to work on a phased back to work ,at time I thought yeah ,but now I am thinking I can't ,so need to go see duty doctor again ,a they never have appointments need to sit and wait ,I know what you mean can't wait to get in my jeans ,can't stand any thing tight fitting at all round belly at moment ,just so fed up with it all now, and I hope you get better soon too 

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear your having a bad time recovery is definitely different for everyone. Some seem to bounce around as normal after a couple of weeks and that can make you feel your exaggerating how you feel. I had an infection after my total hysterectomy from a haematoma which meant staying in hospital for 9 days it wasn't fun. Afterwards I had no energy, couldn't walk very far or at any speed my 65 year old mum was walking faster lol! The menopause kicked in immediately and left me agitated, sleepless & boiling till I almost wished I never had the op. I think it was about 12 weeks for me to get back to full strength and ' normal '. I wouldn't rush it as it will set back your recovery in the long run then further problems maybe created and you won't heal properly. Try and relax and put your feet up as much as possible for the most part and eat healthily to build your strength.

• Posted

Thankyou Tracey I have given in and got doctors today ,as feel awful this morning .like I am back to week 2 ,let's see what they say this time, glad you are feeling so much better,

• Posted

Good luck, I hope you find some answers. It will put your mind at rest hopefully.
  • Posted

Well thankyou all went back to doctors yesterday,he felt my belly and was all fine and soft,no answers for the pain I am getting in my pelvic area, the good news is he is getting hold off my consulted to see if I can be seen earlier then my 4 month check up,so I guess he don't no ,so am hoping I will get a appointment very soon cos this needs to be sorted out so I can get back to normal live x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.