Totally confussed!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw the pain clinic doctor yesterday. I've been told I've got to have a root nerve sleeve injection. I asked why the top ( I've got cervical spondylitos ) discs have gone. He told me it's not rumotide arthritis and it's not gradually goin to get worse. So wnats happening!!

Why?? I have osteoarthritis, is it in all of my spine will it go down and come up? My GP said I have a problem with them but what? He's not sure what it is????!!!!

I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I'm still waiting to see the Neuro sergon about my neck. I'm now on weeks 25

I'm lost on what will happen to me as time goes on!!!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  From what I understand rheumatoid arthritis is carried in the bloodstream and  is the type that spreads throughout the body, whereas osteoarthritis affects independent joints, and is usually the result if either broken bones or undue stress on the joint - kind of like repetitive strain injury.  It can also set in after orthopaedic surgery.   You sound very worried and it doesn't sound as though this has been explained very well to you, so if I were you I would make a list of questions you would like answered and then go and see your GP.  If he can't help, wait until your hospital appointment and take the list along with you.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto immune disease where the body decides to attack itself, it is very different from osteo arthritis which tends to be caused by wear and tear, although both cause joint pain.

The root sleeve injection which is basically steroids should suppress the pain, possibly up to several months if you are lucky.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.