Tramadol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone please help.. How long does it take 400mg Tramadol to get into the body. The lady is 15 stone, 5ft 2 in.

Regards Tommyp1

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Roughly, 20-40 minutes max if they are standard and not SR (Slow Release).
    • Posted

Tommy,

I take 200mg of Tramadol a day, but mine are slow-release and I also take on top of these 1000mg of Paracetamol a day. They are supposed to work together, they work for me I'm just over 13 stone and 6' 1". If thats any help.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thanks Les, my wife has to take 4x100 per day along with 2 paracetamol each time, this is the 3rd day that's why we were wondering. Thankyou as your answer has helped us understand it a lot more
  • Posted

Tommy , 400mg is a pretty high dose - thats the max dose recomended for one day , has she taken them before ?
    • Posted

Hi PMCG, thanks for the reply, Yes it is a high dose. Hadnt taken any before but is used to taking dihydrocodine. Doc changed them 24 hrs ago and not much success as of yet. sad
  • Posted

It's best taken in separate doses. This maximises the two separate modes of action. It takes about one hour for initial effects of tramadol. Tramadol has a strong snri effect which ad to the pain relief. It then takes another 2 hours for the body to convert it to o-demethyltramadol which has a much stronger opioy effect. This 2 way effect is why it's best to separate a dose.

For reference 10% of people do not convert it well and do do not get much pain relief as they should.

• Posted

Tony, hi, thanks mate this answer is useful in a big way. Still in pain though, even when taken in 4x100 doses along with paracetamol
    • Posted

You can also take ibuprofen with that combo. Don't forget though long term ibuprofen use damages the stomach lining. I take omeprazole to protect my stomach by reduce the acid.

To be honest though you should go back to the go and discuss that your pain relief is not working. You may need to be refered to a pain clinic.

• Posted

Cheers Tony, returned to GP today, they sent us to local hospital for an X-ray. results back Wednesday, try to put up with it till then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.