Tramadol adverse effects! Will never take this ever again!! Share your story!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was prescribed 50gms of Tramadol slow release twice a day for my back pain, yesterday, got the tablets and took 1 slow release pill at around 8:30pm in an attempt to have a uneventful nights sleep! Gosh was I wrong! By around 10pm i started to feel extremely dizzy, followed by sickness, confusion and a very very bad headache! I can only describe the hours from 12:00am to 4am as a very bad drug induced trip, i had allucinaitons, heart palpitations, lost of sense of self, extreme sickness and headache the whole time. Manage to fall asleep for a couple of hrs only to wake up in a confused disorientated state of mind, still sick and with an even worst headache!!! Ive never experienced anything like this, and all from 1x 50gms tablet of Tramadol. I do not take any other prescription medication, so there was nothing for the thing to interact with. Iam better now, still drowsy and slow, it is 7:30pm in Australia. I am so shocked that the doctor did not mention that this could happen at all, I understand it doesnt happen to everyone and only found out the dangers of this drug from this site now, but if he had explained to me that there was a chance of adverse effects like this it probably wouldnt have had such dramatic effect on my emotions and mind as i didnt know what was happening to me, it was truly scary! I will never ever take this thing again, i rather the back pain! Has anyone experienced anything like this? Please share!

thanks everyone smile

Ana

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you taken them before,  are they an increase in strength
    • Posted

Could be that  they were too strong for your system, cut the pills in half or cut back by half a tab. Eat something stodgy, like a slice of bread before taking the pills.  Personally speaking I would go back to your doctor and tell them what has happened.  People react differently to painkillers, I have been on painkillers that had me like a gibbering baby; dribbling all over the place.  It is trial and error until you find a drug that not only agrees with you, but kills the pain.  Don't be backward in coming forward, or doctor doesn't know that the pills they have prescribed for 100's of patient does not work for you unless you say something.  You should know within a week if a drug is good for you or not.  I hope you get something sorted out soon. 

Take care, wishing you well and out of pain soon 

• Posted

On25 mg down to 12.5 tomorrow can't understand these people init for a buzz

• Posted

I took a tramadol last night to ease my costochondritis/fibromyalgia pain and to get some good sleep. It did the exact opposite. My left chest/left shoulder/left arm were on fire, I couldn’t sleep, my hearing became super sensitive and I felt like I was hearing things, my stomach is acting up and seems like it is having a hard time digesting food, my heart was pounding and racing, I kept feeling tingling in my hands and legs. I tossed and turned for a good 2 hours until I was able to fall asleep. Never again. This stuff is horrible.
  • Posted

Hi Anagabi ,Sorry to hear that you were poorly my  docter gave it to me as one of my freinds take it and she   100.pcent on it .but I asked if I could try it as I have back problems and leg ,Tryed it don't like it .had 4 50 mg. never no more after talking one felt sick for ten mins it goes off. But 3night I felt so dizzy my head was going round I called my daughter yo say quick I thought I was going to fall down crazy so I will take pain killer till I go back ..when I was in my 30. Docters give me a drug then called  Ativan   I took it for 6months took me another 12 to get off it .and it was like.  Heroin I was told   ,,thought I was going to die .i believe this drug was taken off the market at the time ..  I wish you well but I don't like it. . It would be nice to one what helps and not much side effects .

• Posted

Hi Anangabi , Sorry to hear that.  Well I only took 5 I was so ill and dizziness was horrible still have it ..I thought I was going to just flake out went all hot ..horrible feeling felt sick as well I just stopped them and I had only taken small amount it should be taken off ,, it's not good  yes it killers pain but ,, it's not good sorry hope u feel better soon I would feel sick for about 15 mins after takeing it ..I put the pills in the dust bin ..let me know how u get on ..I tried Gabpenden. Mind blowing but no as bad as that but makes me put on lots of weight no good 😊,good luck ,Linda 

• Posted

Apparently you are alergic to it, First time I heard this stuff happening.
  • Posted

Hi i have been on tramadol for 6years now. I went from 100 mg a day to 1200mg or more a day. You will always find yourself needing more. The effects on me were great. I had no pain at all and had alot of energy. Today im going through withdrawls once again. Im trying to get off this drug once it for all. I hate how this has controled my life. My doctors said i would be on this for life. I have to say i really did think i was until i met my lord and savior. With GODS help i will come off of them im on my 2nd day of withdrawls and i know the worst has yet to come. My opinion and personal experience will say to anyone taking this drug is to toss them where they belong. In the trash. I wish this drug had never come to my life. I hate it and yet im hurting for it.
  • Posted

I was on Tramadol for 3 months and i didn't experience any adverse effects. That was only because even my doctor prescribed me tramadol but i did many research and read my article and blogs about it and i concluded that tramadol is very powerful and effective pain killer if you follow all the guidelines which is usually given by doctor during prescription and also make some self research. Now if you facing any adverse effect better consult your doctor. 

• Posted

HI friend I field sorry for you because the tramadol don’t work for you I been on tramadol myself for longer than 4 year for neck and back pain and for me tramadol make me pain free without any saes affect not only relief the pain but they make me field active and happy I try some other tablet  but they don’t relief the  pain at all I hope that you will fund the correct one for you Regards.

Luis brito?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.