Tramadol/ Ibuprofen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone take Tramadol and Ibuproven together

I thought I might give it a try as Tramadol and Paracetamol is not fully affective

Any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. Well nothing to loose. Paracetamol and Tramadol are both painkillers only. But ibuprofen is anti-inflammatory as well.

For full effect take it regularly not just when you have pain. Start with maximum daily allowance. I guess its around 400mg 3 times a day for a week. You may find that you can leave Tramadol altogether as it is a strong medication and you don't want to take it regularly. Although you said nothing about your pain and exact problem.

If it works try to reduce take just twice or/and combine it with paracetamol.

If you definitely have nerve pain then there are medicines especially for that. I took gabapentin it worked better for the sciatic pain than Tramadol AND without knocking you out.

Hope it helps.

Ps. Physio and pilates is the best treatment that addresses the cause.

• Posted

I start my day by taking a Gabapentin,Diazepam, tramadol and a hydrocodon-acetaminaphin 10-325.  For bedtime I take 2 Gabepentins and Diazepam(Valium) and 1 each of the others.  This is my usual ritual.  I also take naproxen for the inflamation.  Hope this helps you for the infor that you were looking for.  Also I will take a tramadol and hydrocodon through the day depending on what I may doing.  Depends on the pain level of that day.  Have been using these for quite sometime now, prescribed by the pain center.  Have had back problems for years including 2 fusions, 1 in lower back and 1 in my cervical spine.  Well anyway's hope this info helps you.
  • Posted

Alan,

i suggest taking 1gm of paracetamol 4 times a day

add to this 400mg of Ibuprofen with each meal, which leaves an additional dose if you're particularly active

use the tramadol for rescue pain relief... Maybe take last thing at night to enable sleep

good luck.

gabapentin can be added, as can other meds like amitriptyline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.