Tramadol withdrawal help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody been helped with the withdrawals from Tramadol using a drug called Lofexedine. I've been told by the detox charity clinic I'm being supported by that the Dr there uses this and has had great success. Just wondering if any one has tried this and if so, does it help, thank you 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth

Personally speaking, I have never heard of Lofexedine.

All I know is, is that coming of Tramadol could take a few months as you have to, very gradually, reduce the amount slowly over the weeks.

How many were you prescribed per day and at what mg was the dosage ?

All the best and sorry I could not be of more help to you.

Kev  (UK)  rolleyes

• Posted

I have been up to 8x50g capsules a day, but generally tried to stay on 6. I've managed to get down to 4x50g a day now, but am suffering with withdrawals. I'm waiting to stablelise before I drop another one. It's been 5 days now and only very slowly feeling a little bit better, not enough to get out of bed though! 😟
    • Posted

Hi Ruth

Are doing this under medical advise and supervision because if not, it can be very dangerous

Worriedly yours

Kev  (UK)  surprised

• Posted

Oh yes, it's a detox drug clinic. The Doctor said it won't take all the withdrawal symptoms away, but it's not an opiate, so it's not addictive.

Still not sure if I want to use it, as I'm down to 4x50g and on my 6th day on this amount. Just can't cope with the withdrawals, 

Im going for assessment Tues, so I will have plenty of questions lol

• Posted

Hi Ruth,

Coming off Tramadol is tricky, I'm still on Tramadol 2 x 100Mg SR (Slow Release) per day. The slow release type means I am constantly on a 100mg level for 12 hours then, take another - this means your body is on a constant level of Tramadol 24 hours a day, getting off them is difficult.

I am assuming you are on the 50mg type in tablet form, which spikes then drops quite quickly. Lofexidine is just a medication to help you come off Class "A" medication, Tramadol being one of them. The process is slow, but if you can do it, I wish you well.

Many people are offered a compensating medication, which they build you up on it first, then start removing the Tramadol. The problem with this is,it takes awhile to get off Tramadol, then you also have to come off the compensating medication

, which can take the same amount of time or just prolonging the period.

Either way, it works as long as you stick to it - all the best for attempting to get off Tramadol though. I have many more tablets, and numerous disorders, so it's not so easy for me. Don't get me wrong, doctors and consultants have tried numerous medications, but they all fail with me - I am not an easy case by any means.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Thanks for reply, yes, I'm thinking do I really want another drug in my system. The Dr said that if I start Lofexidine that I would stop all Tram tablets straight away and stay on this drug ( don't know how long) and them slowly come off this drug. He said it helps with the Trams withdrawal, but as I get such horrendous withdrawals, I'm wondering if it will work!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.