Tramadol Withdrawl duration and shortness of breath...

Posted , 4 users are following.

id like to know whats the longest some of yall had tramadol withdrawl for. Ive heard people have them for months and years.

Ive been off for about 3 weeks now and the worse of the withdrawls are gone (panic attacks, confusion, paranoiah, mania etc) but still get bad shortness of breath time to time. i notice if i tilt my head down i get the shortness of breath. and when i lay up straight my passageway clears up and can breath fine.  Maybe something with my vocal chords since i read somewhere that opiates and opiods affect vocal chords or air passage ways. im also getting really drymouthed when i wake up in the afternoons after sleping, like dehydrated and cotton mouthed. also constant urge to urinate. I sleep in really cold air conditioning, dont know if that affects it.

thanks guys! great forum 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

have been taken Tramadol for four years,I had all your symptoms and would fall asleep in the afternoon.I would wake up with a dry mouth.I was awful to be around.

~

I would get really paranoid and be tearful,it took me four weeks to wean myself off them.I will never take them again.I now sleep through the night and my family tell me I'm better person to be around.

All the best Millie

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Millie! I'm glad you got off them. How long did you have the dry mouth problem? I've had them for about three weeks. How long did your withdrawls last after you finished the weaning process.

I appreciate the reply and your information as I think it's important to communicate with others going through the same thing or that has been through it before. Thanks Millie

• Posted

It was only a couple of weeks and I weaned myself quite quiclkly.People used to ask me what I was on as I would become really excitable and very loud.

All the best Millie

• Posted

Tramadol can effect kidney function , so if you're thirsty, that's an indication of dehydration. I take a quart of water to bed every night with me because of that cotton mouth feeling. And besides, water helps to flush your symptoms out more quickly.

• Posted

I do the exact same thing! lol always bring lots of water with me before bed cuz I'll get super thirsty and dry mouth like crazy. It's strange that it happens usually at bed time when in my room with air conditioning. Glad to hear to someone with the same symptom.

• Posted

How old are you ? Tha sounds like you need to see a doctor ? This sounds in related ?
    • Posted

I'm 34 , this all started when I cold turkeyed the tramadol. I read in articles that tramadol could affect vocal chords or passageways.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.