Tranexamic Acid for melasma (I have VERY light periods)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I was prescribed Tranexamic Acid for melasma which is a skin condition that makes the skin goes dark around my upper lip and cheecks when I am exposed to the sun.

I have noticed that Tranexamic Acid is prescribed mainly for heavy mestrual bleeding... which is not my case at all. I am even the opposite, I have very very light period that only lasts 2 days. Sometimes less...

I was wondering if whislt taking Tranexamic Acid my period is going to dissappear all together. I am worried if this is for me...

Any thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

How did you get on with them did they work?

• Posted

Hi, it seems that a lot of people lately have been prescribed with this pill for Melasma, actually there is a group in facebook called melasma I don't know if you are familiar with this group but it is very cool because they are people around the world who suffer from melasma: it is a support group and also people share what have and not work for them; if you haven't check it out you should, anyway two girls from the FB group are taking the tranexamic pills and they say it has helped them with melasma, I will be seeing my derm soon and just wanted to know if you completed the 6 months treatment with the pills and your feedback ,if you saw any results and the side effect if any did you experienced?

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi

Just wanted to ask if you had tried the tranexamic acid for your melasma? Ive tried all the topicals like hydroquinone but it just comes back! Am considering trying the tranexamic acid but would be good to hear a few experiences first.

• Posted

Hello I've just been given this med for treating of melasma I was hesitant in using because I've tried many things and now this med seems it's only for heavy bleeding .. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.