tranexamic acid perscribed because of depo injection

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had the depo injection 11 weeks ago and have been bleeding for 8 weeks constant, im not happy the doctor said it should stop if i have the next injection but i said no, she gave me tranexamic acid to stop the bleeding, ive been taking them for 2days now but it doesnt seem to be stopping

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I wouldnt touch depo with a barge pole, or any of the other synthetic drugs for that matter. Google 'progesterone' or 'progesterone cream' and see a reply I have just posted today under title of 'Heavy Periods' Your hormones are seriously out of balance :cry: same as mine :cry: so I am going to see GP on Monday to ask to try natural progesterone cream.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

the doctor gave me tranexamic acid but they didnt work so now they have put me on microgynon 30 now to see if that will stop the bleeding, god ive had enough, im crying all the time and im so tired but theres nothing they can do to help me, i wish i never had the injection now
  • Posted

Hey, I'm not sure if anyone will see this as this discussion seems to be a bit older now.. But I was just wondering if any of you would know if the tranexamic acid would reduce the effectiveness of the depo shot? Hope you are all well smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.