Trapped nerve

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 3 weeks post surgery tendon transfer. I have had a lot of pressure from my plaster cast but that is settling. Last night I got out of bed the other side which meant my plaster was at a different angle. This morning I woke up with a trapped nervejust behind d my inner ankle. I also have pain in my sciatic nerve and behind my knee and In my heel. It hasn't resolved and I am worried and miserable. Has anyone had this problem and any suggestions please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Contact your surgeon. Push for a visit and a response. You should not be suffering like this. If your surgeon won't respond then go to a different one. Don't give up. Some discomfort and occasional pain is normal. I think your experience is not usual. Maybe a redo of plaster or replacing with boot. I had boot one week after surgery.

Good luck, man. This really sux and I hope you can get some relief soon.

• Posted

Not been too good. Very up and down. I did have a lot of cutting during my op as I had a lot of adhesions between my tendons which were removed. I also had my post tib tendon completely removed as well as transfer. The swelling is reduced but every thing feels very sore. Would that be normal after 4 weeks. I will contact surgeon, as you suggested. Only sometimes if it messed about with it might be worse. I am due to be out of plaster into a boot in 2 weeks.
    • Posted

I have been reading an article that says pills to stop inflamation should not be taken after tendon surgery as they can prevent healing. Funily enough I could not take them last time as my stomach was playing up. I have taken a lot this time. Have you any knowledge of this?
    • Posted

I really don't know about that. I took some tylenol occasionally, but treated my swelling primarily with ice and compression socks.  Exercises and movement seem to help, although by the end of the day I sometimes see some swelling if I am doing a LOT of walking.  I don't think any of the NSAIDs are very good for you on a long-term basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.