Travel insurance

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello I have a PE in my lung and will need to be on warfarin for the rest of my life. I currently have travel insurance with Lloyds Bank will this affect my insurance ? 

Thank you 

Alison 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison,

You do need to inform your insurance company. I'm not sure how much it will affect your insurance,but you need to be covered. I have to give information about being on Warfarin for life.I'm asked why I'm on it,and if I have Factor V Leiden mutation,which I do,and have had 3 DVTs.

I've never actually had travel insurance before having medical problems,so don't know how much it affects it.

Gill

• Posted

Hi Alison,

I have been taking Warfarin for 17 years now and during that time have travelled abroad on holiday.  The only thing different I have had to do with insurance is when taking same out disclose my medical complaints and medication.  Sometimes they put you through to a special medical reception and you have to answer lots of questions.  Occasionally I have had to pay a little extra, but this is not always the case.

Don't worry, the people you insure with will prompt you accordingly.

Betty

• Posted

Hello Allieyson -  It depends..I take warfarin for heart failure, cardiomyopathy and new mitral valve . They don't ask what meds I take , they ask what condition.  Then they up the price .  My hubby now has lung cancer and was rushed away with a blood clot on his lung last week  ... He is now on a different blood thinner to warfarin . . I dread applying for insurance for him, it's bad  enough as it is.  I'm sorry to tell you but your PE  will definitely effect your insurance . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.