Travel problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hope you don't mind me asking this...but I am going to Australia for Christmas and just a tad worried about the trip. It's only 3 hours 40 mins in the plane...but I'd like to hear what others have to say about flying with AS....I can take my wheelchair for free...but will they help me get around the airport with all my luggage etc....They have allocated me an aisle seat but it will be difficult to squeeze myself in and out of it if I have to make a couple of trips to the toilet...advice please...G

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sweetie, 

call the airlines ahead of time and speak with the airline service dept. Make arrangements for them to meet you at the loading zone at your ride.  They will check in your luggage. Then load you on a golf cart for a free ride to the gate for loading for your destination. Free mind you is one of the services left on the airlines still free. cheesygrin

((( hugs )))

then make the same arrangements at your destination and they can met you at the arrival gate and all you have to do is point! Easy as pie. 

i am so jealous you get to go to Australia for Christmas. What a beautiful country. Your a Lucky Duck!  Takes lots of oics to share.

• Posted

Oh goodo...at least the wont load me up on the luggage cart. I've tried calling the airling and Emails and text messages...no luck yet...but my daughter said to tell them at the check in desk..she thinks they will help. When I flew to Thailand to go to the hospital...Thai Air were marvellous...and they spoilt me in every way....but I'm not sure the same thing will happen here.  Anyway..its only a short flight...and my family will be waiting for me at Perth Airport..wish me luck folks...will take pics...hugs n all...G

• Posted

I'm sure will all work out. I'm sorry no one answers the phone at the airlines.

Im sure they will help you as your daughter explained. 

You deserve to be spoiled.xxxxx Hope

• Posted

I guess the airline is too busy...lots of tourists and the high season for school leavers visiting Bali....I do wish I could get spoiled for a day or three....maybe I will just spoil myself and buy duty free perfume on the plane...lol

It's one of those "red eye" flights....5 a.m. at the airport. Phew....just wanna sleep.....xxxx G

• Posted

First of all taking the Red Eye Tough on sleep. I don't know mabe your one of those who can sleep on a plane. It's so noisy I can't.

grt lots of that designer perfume great to find a special one you really like.

Is someone traveling with you? No matter what time day ot night I would hope any country airline would help you out once you get there. 

Is the airport very big in Bali? Some of the airports are so large you need to take a train to get to the gate .I have been lost in a soup let they are so huge like a town in itself.

I'm thinkin mabe Bali has a smallish medium airport. Then in Australia are their anyone there to meet up with you at the sport.  Airport in Australia should have plenty of help. Have you been there before?

I'm sure you'll get what you need and figure it out. Check online for services information and maps you can use on IPhone. 

Hope xxxxx

• Posted

Hiya Hope...yes my daughter will be travelling with me...and family are meeting me. I lived in Australia for 20 years...so I know it well. The airport in Bali is very big..I will grab a porter and get him to deal with the bags and Claudia can push the wheelchair..I'm sure I will be OK...and I will give the porter a tip...here they will do anything for money....no problem...Just gonna order the compression socks at Amazon now....special thoughts..G

• Posted

Great to know. I'm going to have to google Bali airport. Just in case after THR revision next Jan I can finally travel.

Sounds like a good plan. If Claudia gets tied up you can always find a hottie to help! LOL

Good to hear your getting those socks I hate them but they certainly do their job. Stay well and stay in the best shape we can. Traveling is exhausting. Where are you getting your energy? 

Since you lived in Australia then you must be familiar with all the Roos that take over everywhere! cheesygrin

XxxxxHope

• Posted

Yep...the hotties are not so hot nowadays....or maybe it's me....redface

The Roo's of Australia...don't remind me..I used to take in orphaned joeys....phew they are hard work but Oh so cuddly. Their mothers get killed on the road and there's always a joey in the pouch. So sad. I'm taking Claudia to a wildlife park so she can see and handle joeys....and wombats, koalas, emu's ( gosh they are stupid birds)...she'll love it.

• Posted

Sure have....friends and family want me to write a book....but that's hard work....might buy a tape recorder and speak my thoughts into that...it'll be hilarious.

• Posted

I have another few cyber friends that live in Aistralia and the stories they share about the Roos and Joeys. 

Lucky Claudia. All animals you describe only in Australia. Where are you staying? City?

• Posted

as long as you leave out Hope's Licious Lizard in Banana Leaves I will purchase a copy...

• Posted

I bet Ziggy will get lizards out of your area too all clad out in his special leather spiked outfit. He's a terroir they are great at hunting small vermin. 

Love little Ziggy and a lizzy pic too! No Banaba leaves. Ummmm cheesygrin

• Posted

we have those tiny lizards, Ziggy could care less...wee rabbits pop up in the tall grass, Ziggy could care less...the deer stand in our way, Ziggy just walks by...he is unusually mellow, doesn't bark unless you ring his doorbell or knock on his door....he has the neighbors trained to give him cookies from his own cookie jar in the pantry!

Macy patade yesterday opens with Muppets. .CharlieGirl sang the entire song with them!!! it was hysterical! I searched all over to download it...no go

Finally my new chair is in the final stage...Permobil Corpus 3G RWD all power with elevating seat...shiny black with purple hub caps.

I have a 10 inch tablet coming cause this wee cell phone is a tad too small for all of this typing. Once it arrives I will send photos.

hugs

• Posted

Wow mellow yellow and smart Ziggy!

oh wow how totally too cute. to bad you didn't get Charliegirl on tape. U could Put her on you tube she'd is a star. I bet she is a great source of

Intertainmant.

i still have it on tape mabe I can tape it on my iPad and send it.  OR you can start watching sesame street. There is a a dog channel. Ziggy is like Lisa vander pump, she has her own web site with her dog .Giggi short for gigolo and he is a star. See her online for more info. 

• Posted

I used to have a white cockatoo in Australia...his name was Jake. I inherited him from a friend....but what I didn't know was his language was worse than an Ozzie trucker...I had him in a cage at the front of my house....and the neighbours complained...He'd unlock his cage door and get out..fly up the nearest tree and swear like a trooper...naughty bird.

• Posted

No way in the city...we are staying in a rural setting south of the City...There's a lake and lots of parrots around. Too dangerous in the city...I'd be scared stiff. You can google it..."Golden Ponds" Baldivis, Perth Western Australia...gosh I hope the moderator is not cross with me again.....yelp...yelp.....oooo...ahhharrowredfaceredface

• Posted

CharlirGirl is a sweetheart...a white winged brotogerius...she wings with one eye...she is potty trained...she preens my eyebrows, eyelashes, and any hair she finds on my face...and now I know she sings Muppets!
    • Posted

Sounds better than the hustle and bustle of the city. I have seen pics of the Perth in Western Australia. So noce to have this special trip to look forword too! 

I will google where your going it sounds beautiful! 

The moderator just doesn't like links to other sites. It's ok to say what you did. 

Dont  forget to pack your 👙. Catch up on some vit -D. Careful not to burn. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.