Trazadone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been taking trazadone 25-50mg for last 2 weeks. I hate the way it makes me feel so I stopped this past Friday. Was feeling so so up untill today. Feeling very weird. I can't explain it but my mind just feels weird. It's freaking me out and I want to make sure this is all normal. I know i shouldn't have just stopped but I couldn't stand taking it anymore. Anyone else take this and had bad withdrawals even after I few weeks of taking it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'd been taking 300mg at night for the past 7 years. Am lowering the dose to 100mg taken at night. At first the side effects  I had with it made me want to stop. As from next week I'll only .take 100mg whilst introducing citalopram 10mg each day. Will update you later.
  • Posted

NatCali

seeing as you've only been taking trazadone for two weeks and such a low dose, I doubt you're having withdrawal symptoms.

it took about a month of starting trazadone before I got used to the side effects. It made my hands tremble, and sometimes I felt very detached. Go back and discuss how you feel with your doctor

• Posted

Thank you both! I'm also on lexapro started about a month ago on 5mg and now taking 10mg. For some weird reason I am so sensitive to all these meds. I've had a lot of side effects from the lexapro. I know all these meds I'm taking are low dose and not been taking for very long but I still sometimes just feel weird. It's such a hard feeling to describe. I know what I "normally" feel like which I haven't felt in probably 6 weeks when this all started and my anxiety just went out of control. So it's just frustrating and I feel defeated at times, I just want to feel like my old self. It's just taking awhile and the meds seem to be messing with me a little bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.