Treatment info for Blepharitis

Posted , 121 users are following.

Has anyone found treatment info specifically for Blepharitis? I'm told the same old things like "scrub with baby shampoo" and I'm not getting any better.

I'm frustrated and hope that some doctor somewhere has studied this terrible condition - and just want to find the answers!

Thank you,

Oliver, London

4 likes, 359 replies

359 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Oliver,

I had the same experience as you did and found 2 guides that gave me relief!

Three different ophthalmologists diagnosed me with Blepharitis and prescribed the usual treatment regimen including eyelid scrubs, steroid drops, etc.

Unfortunately, it only got worse over the years. My eyes were always red - my co-workers probably thought I was drinking or smoking (I wasn’t). Dark bags under my eyes made me look 20 years older than I was, it was terrible.

After suffering for five years I decided to read everything that I could find on Blepharitis and found two guides that changed my life! The first was an ebook written by Dr. Banerji called “How to treat Blepharitis & Eye Allergies and live symptom free”. The second was written by Dr. Latkany on dry eyes.

After reading these two books, I actually made an appointment in NYC to see Dr. Latkany. It turns out that while my symptoms were that of Blepharitis, eye allergies was the primary cause and was contributing to my problem. I then tackled my eye allergies with the help of an allergist and an allergy shot regimen, and after six months am finally living symptom free!

Since everyone is a little different, it is important to find comprehensive information like this, and work with your eye doctor to figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

I truly wish the same relief that I have achieved for everyone that reads this posting.

Blessings to all,

Christine A, Florida.

• Posted

My allergist which is an ENT basically threw me out of his office and told me I did not belong there with eyes like that.  I assume he thought I had contagious pink eye.  Been to Drs, eye, dermatologist and urgent care.  No relief.
    • Posted

Did you find a good eye doctor in Florida? Having a terrible outbreak, and have had some incredibly unhelpful eye doctors. May look into allergy treatment.
    • Posted

Brionne9, I have tried three different ophthalmologists plus two allergists in Vero Beach plus MDs in both specialties at the Mayo in Jacksonville.  "Incredibly unhelpful" describes the situation perfectly.

• Posted

Christine would you please mention that medicine which helps you to get rid off from the desease
  • Posted

Hiya,

I've suffered from Blepharitis for about 7-8months now and i've been to the eye hospital several times as well as my gp and they do nothing but fob me off with creams and eye drops.

I've taken it into my own hands now. i've managed to control the itchy eyes with allergy drops called Opatanol which I find do help quite a bit.

After using different ointments and steriod creams I came across a brand called Eucerin. I'm using they're Aquaporin Active moisturising eye cream and it doesn't contain any perfume or alcohol. It's the only cream apart from the steriod cream (which is not good for the skin) that has actually helped. My eyelids aren't dry at all its really moisturising.

the only problem I have now is the swelling but the dryness has completely gone. i've been told to freeze a tea spoon over night and then place it over my eyes every morning to help reduce the swelling. I haven't tried it as of yet but will let you know how I get on.

Hope this helps.

Zahra

• Posted

Hi Zahra, I found the doctors useless as well, what I now use is a eyelid cleaning foam and then cream on my eyelids. I think if I tell you the brands , they will block this reply but I found the active ingredient is hydroxybenzoate. So if you find a cream with that ingredient it will help the swelling. I use it morning and night and wash my eyelids with the eye wash foam every morning.. I haven't had a flare up for over 6 months
    • Posted

Hi Claire, I'm having trouble finding the cream with that ingredient in it. Could you try & reply the exact name of it? There are other name brands I've seen in comments, so hope fully it works.

• Posted

Hello

i was diagnosed with blepharitis back in august 2012 i finally found help using sterile eye lid wipes then after a month they stope'd working now i have been antibiotics for nearly a month no improvement and steroid drops for a week no improvement as well ive taking FML Steroid drops before and they worked for a week and then stope'd working and i clean my eye lids twice a day and take omega 3 and use warm compression no luck haven't felt any relief for at least 3 months now any suggestions?

anything would be really appreciated

thanks Alex

• Posted

A friend and I have gotten rid of Blepharitis. She found the ingredient t in an Avon Facial Scrub. (Not available now) so I looked on the internet where I could find it in something else. Her Blepharitis had traveled up her eyelids.

It is in WET ONES. The ingredient is Benzethonium Chloride.

I tore each one into 8 pieces and used 2 on each lid 4 times a day for a week or two then went down to 3 times a day. The last 2 months I used it 2 times a day. If I felt an itch after that I used one on it. Happened once or twice.

Three doctors couldn't find it in my eyes.

It is da bacterial infection in the root of the eyelashes. That is why it takes 3-4 months to get rid of it.

It is possible that antibiotics could work if put directly on the eyelashes 4 times a day. It would have to be for months and cost $2,000 to $3,000. I was told to put them in my eye and didn't help that much. The bottle cost $137.00 for a tiny bottle.

The WET ONES cost about $20.00 for the cure. Hope this helps someone to get relief.

• Posted

how or where can I get this avon product from? I need help I have been struggling with this for over a year and I only have one eye vision so i really need help.  Thanks
    • Posted

Dear Gloria,

I could not find thatAvon product any longer made with the Benzethonium Chloride so I looked on line and ended up using the WET ONES, antibacterial hand wipes with Benzethonium Chloride in them (03%).

Someone on this site (stef07956) said she found Benzethonium Chloride in Neutorgena grapefruit face wash and in Neutorgena oil free moisturiser.

I used the wet ones and killed the Blepharitis within a few months. I tore them into 8 strips and wrapped them around my finger and rubbed on the eyelash areas.

The reason they work is that Blepharitis is caused by staphylococcus.

Benzethonium Cloride and Benzalkonium Chloride (which is in the hand wipes in the UK that Honjon on thus site used to kill his Blepharitis) are called Quats. Google the words and you will see how they work.

These Quats kill staphylococcus. I found this info after I killed it. I started looking as one person was allergic to the wipes. Most people are not. If you are alergic to detergents, shampoos, fabric softners or even spermicidal jellies then you would be allergic to the quats in the products.

The wipes have lanolin in them too. One person was allergic to that.

This is a very cheap way to kill this off. It does take a few months.

First week was 4 times a day. I did it 3 times a day after that for a month. Then it was 2 times a day for 2 months.

Use 2 different wash cloths (white to go in bleach load) to clean your eyes. You do not want to re-infect your eyes.

You can wear mascara and kill this off too. It involves throw away mascara wands. Let me know if you want that info.

Wish you relief soon.

Lynda79

• Posted

Sorry to ask questions that you may have answered, do these wipes have to be alcohol free as the only ones I can find have alcohol in them?  Many thanks, Mew123
    • Posted

Dear Mew,

I looked and mine have SD alcohol 40 it says on the back of the individual wipe. A correction too, the wipes have .3% Benzethonium Chloride in them. These are the ones in the US. Someone in the UK can tell you what the wipes with Benzalkonium Chloride have in them.

They work too as you can look at Honjon's information.

I had no problem with them but they did not go in the eye, just on the lashes.

I do know that straight alcohol on the lashes does not work. I was quite desperate.

Hope this info helps you and wish you relief soon.

Lynda79

• Posted

Thanks lynda79 this information really help and yes I would like to know how or where to get throw away mascara wands. Thank you so much.

Gloria

• Posted

Dear Gloria,

I just googled disposable mascara wands and chose a place I felt was secure. I ordered a large number and bought hundreds of them.

I still use 1 wand but now for both eyes. I do not put the used wand into the mascara. Better safe then sorry. Don't want that again.

Hope this helps.

Lynda79

• Posted

Thanks so much you have been so helpful. I can't wait to see if this will cure me. I am approaching my 4th week using the wetones so will see how soon I get victory.

Thanks

Gloria

• Posted

hi im in the uk and need to find a cure for my bleph ive got some wet ones but they have benzalkthorium chloride in is that the same thing as benzathorium chloride please as i need to find some sort of cure as its driving me mad ive tried everything and done everything i can do and feel as a loss to do anymore , please help me kaz xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz

It might be slightly different....but the people in the UK that have used it...it has worked....including me  wink

Give them a try..,...anything is worth it isnt it...I had it for 3 years and didnt really believe it would work but was desperated enough to try it

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Dear kaz5,

Yes,they both do the job. I mentioned on your other post that some are allergic to shampoos, detergents, handwipes, fabric softeners too. Lanolin is in the wipes and some are allergic to that. About 80% of people are not allergic to these items and can use the wipes.

Hope to hear that you get relief soon as I do know how it drives one crazy.

Lynda79

• Posted

Linda . I've had blepharitis for around 15 years. Last 15 months been really bad not able to wear eye make up. I only have it in the 1 eye. It waters all the time and is slimy looking. Felt really desperate when I came across your comments 2 days ago . Am using the wet ones also got a neurogenic visibly clear facial wash which also contains benzethonium chloride in . Don't have problem with my skin but thought it may help. So far working for 1st time in years been able to open my eye in the morning. Also doesn't seem to be runny and I've been out in windy conditions. Just wanted to thank you for the 1st hope I've had in years . I've ordered disposable mascara wands. Can you wear eyeshadow and eyeliner again? 
    • Posted

Dear alw,

I threw out all makeup and even a lot of brushes. I bought throw away applicators for eye shadow too. They look like a cue-tip (cotton bid UK) except sharp on one end and flat on the other. I used the sharp end to dip (once) into eyeshadow and used that for eyeliner (dark grey or black). The flat end was for eyeshadow. Just be sure and never put anything used back into the makeup.

I used 2 wash cloths, 1 for each eye for cleaning or taking off the makeup.

I use a warm wash cloth (in microwave) in the mornings as doctor said it gets things going. I always wash it and use a fresh one each day (when i don't forget to do it).

It has been over a year and a half and I now use 1 wand for both eyes but I do not put a nused wand into the mascara. Dry eyes don't wash the bacteria out of the eyes like normal eyes. I use preservative free eye drops for lubrication.

Buy new and don't double dip is my motto. I now buy a new mascara once month now.

Hope this info helps you.

Lynda79

• Posted

Thanks Lynda so grateful you shared your findings. Given me hope to look normal again. So embarrassing to be talking to people face to face knowing my eye looked runny and gummed up. I've already thrown out all my old eye make up,  even my favourites.  I'll order some eye shadow applicators now too. Many thanks

Alwena

• Posted

Hi lynda79. I am writing from Canada and the red wet ones say specifically to keep away from the eyes. Do your wipes specify this as well? Carolyn
    • Posted

Dear teen,

Yes they do. They do not go in the eyes, only on the outside. Eyelash area.

You tear them into 8 strips. That just covers your finger tips and easy to use that way for a specific area.

When you use a steroid for the eyes they have Benzalkonium Chloride in them at .01%. It is a preservative. They are now finding out that over a long period of time this can damage the eye. That is why it is best if using steroid or other meds in the eye to use preservative free lubricants.

The wipes do not go in the eye. If you get some in your eye just flush with water or put a few drops of lubricant in them.

Eileen, on this site, got me to research that info. My dad who is old takes steroid so he has no choice but I did change the eye lubricant for him.

That is the only danger I know of.

There is a Tox report that shows the use of Benzethonium Chloride is safe for use on the face at .5%.

I did not even look for this info until I had killed it as so desperate. When asked questions on sites I started to research as to why they worked.

I can only vouch for the ones I used. Honjon, on this site used the UK ones with Benzalkonium Chloride and seemed to work for him. Look him up too.

If I can help let me know if I missed anything.

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda - i just feel compelled to drop you a note!  I woke up Boxing Day with a swollen, red eyelid and was diagnosed at the walk in centre as having this rotten sympton.  I was prescribed a cream and given paperwork advising how to treat the symptons at home. 

By New Years Eve I was crawlling the walls in desperation.  I looked and felt dreadful - the itchiness was keeping me awake and I had to go visit a doctor Friday as it wasnt improving.  I had no flakiness on my eyelashes or gunk as other sufferers have had tho.- just swelling.

Meanwhile i had been online to find out anything and everything I could about Blepharitis. 

On Friday the Doctor prescribed me anti-histermines so i could sleep, Optrex Allergy eyedrops and Simple Eye ointment.  I then purchased Wet Ones having read your blogs on how they worked for you.

What can I say!  Im on day two of using the Wet Ones ... using 4 times a day (I am also using 4 drops of the Allergy eyedrops and cleaning twice daily). The difference is amazing.  My eyelid swelling has reduced considerably, the redness towards my eyebrows has nearly vanished and I just have a slight swelling still above my eyelid.  I'm sure it has to be the Wet Ones. I'm just going to try and purchase some moisturiser for my eyelid as my skin feels a little dry (maybe a Simple one).

I'm just hoping if I continue to use the Wet Ones the Blepharitis will disappear completely.  Thankyou!

• Posted

Dear Dazbats,

So glad it is helping you. You can cut down the number of times per day if you find it is drying. Use small amount of wipe, just to cover your finger tips. Some have told me they use it 2 times a day and have killed it. You may want to do that and see if it helps. 

Thank you for letting us know that it is working for you as it encourages others.

Wish you well in a few months,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda

Thank you for the information about Wet Ones been suffering from dry eyes and been given information from my opticians about Blepharitis. I have has red lower eye rims inside my lower eye lashes for ages and my aunt has suffered with eye problems for years. My optician has advised my to read the info and bathe my eyes twice a day and to use intensive tears eye drops evening and morning. Do you think I should give the Wet Ones a try as I have been advised my eye problems may be a start of Bleparitis. Never joined a forum before but I am so impressed with all the advice you are giving just had to join as I want to try and sort my eyes out as my eyes always feel sore. Thank you

• Posted

Dear Cazzb,

If you are not allergic to shampoo, detergents, handwipes or fabric softeners or lanolin you could give it a try.

I had to ask a teenager how to get the word out on a problem and they told me what to do. I started posting a bout a year and a half ago as I killed it and thought there might be others who would want to know how I did it. I was not the first. My friend used an Avon Facial Scrub, that was antibacterial and killed it. They did not make it any longer with Benzethonium Chloride in it so I looked on-line to find what else had that in it.

You can say that my friend and I were into human testing. Actually, I could not stand the itching.

Many have told me that the red goes away in a matter of weeks.

Killing it takes months. Some have quit after a week or so and it comes back. Kinda like antibioitics you have to go the whole mile. I did not miss a day for months. After that, it did itch once or twice and I just jumped on it for a day or two each time, then it was gone.

Five doctors have looked into my eyes to find it.

Hope you are not allergic and this helps you,

Lynda79

• Posted

HI Lynda,

Did you find anything that helped with when the eyes are tearing?  One of my eyes keeps tearing.  The other symptoms have gone away but the tearing in one eye just won't stop.  Any ideas on how to get that to go away?  I have been using the Wet Ones for about 3 weeks on both eyes.

thank you!

• Posted

Dear Karen,

I don't know about the tearing problem. Did the doctor say that was Blepharitis? Are your other symptoms going away? It takes months to get rid of it.

Perhaps someone will read this and answer the question for you on the tearing.

Sorry, I can't be of more help,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi, Lynda. I am new here. I found you searching on how to get rid of my blepharitis which I have had for a year now. Thank you so much for posting the info about wet ones. I am on day 2, and can't wait for better days ahead! My dr. explained that I have clogged oil glands at the base of my lids, inside my eyes. It feels like little pieces of rocks in my eyes. My left eye is worse than my left. I am sensitive to light. I wake up with red lined lower lids. They dont tear or get crusty..just drive me crazy..makes my vision off.., bother me when I watch tv..You say to not touch your eyes with the wet ones. I have been wiping the base of my lids... Is this ok? Do you think this method will cure my bleph which is more inside my lids? I hope so!!! Tthank you so much for posting your cure!! If anyone has had a similar condition as mine, please feel free to offer any insight. Thanks to everyone!
    • Posted

Dear Maxine,

I just rinsed my eyes with water or a few drops of eye drops for lubrication if I touched my eyeball at all.

I had the terrible itching so I rubbed along the lash line.

Some have mentioned the oil problem and not being able to see and then how the wipes helped that. Read some other threads on this site.

Wish you success,

Lynda79

• Posted

Thank you so much! I'll use some eyedrops if I touch my eye. I appreciate it so much, Lynda smile

• Posted

Hi Lynda79

It was diagnosed by 3 eye doctors as 'dry eye'.  None of them could tell me why except allergies. I found out it was blepharitis from researching the symptoms and wound up here on this webpage reading your posts.  I have been using the Wet Ones for 2 weeks now and the tearing has stopped.  The swelling has gone down about 75%.  The redness is gone,  the itching is still around sometimes but not as much.  No more crusty eyes in the morning and no more tearing.   I have been dealing with this for months now.  I tried everything except oral antibiotics.  Thank you again for posting.  I will continue to use the Wet Ones.  I can't believe something so simple can help.  I hope more people come here to find out how easy it is to cure.  I will keep using them.

• Posted

Hi lynda79,

I have this awful Blep too... I have only recently been dianosed with it having suffered with it for 6 months.. I thought that was bad, but reading here some have suffered with it for 15 years... I am going through hell, I do not look like me, I have huge swollen eyelids... and swollen under eyes, hell my eye bags have bag.  My eyelids are red, almost translucent like, itchy, then they crack and weap.. and flake. I have been bathing my eyes in hot, hot, hot water (boiled from the kettle) at least 6-8 times a day, also using lubricating eye drops as I have dry eye also. I am miserable. 

I am going to get some Wet Ones and give it a go, I have nothing to loose. But can you please explain exactly what you do... do you just rub along the eyelash line or in the rim? Thank you for posting this, I have 'hope'... x

• Posted

Dear Lisa,

I rubbed along the eyelash area rubbing as I went as I had the itching. It does work for the swollen area too as a young girl used it that I know and she had great success but she had it for only a week as saw it right away.

Make sure it is the US wipes and they have .3% Benzethonium Chloride in them.

Rub where the problem is and do not get into the eyes. If you get into your eyes just wash with water or put the eyedrops for lubrication in your eyes to wash them. Make sure you are not allergic to them. If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to shampoo, detergents, fabric softeners or the handwipes on your hands or lanolin too you may not be able to use them.

Hope I have answered your questiions.

Wish you relief soon,

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear lynda79,

Thank you for your swift reply and all of the information. This is day one of using the wipes and the swelling and redness has gone down, they're terribly dry...  but I am persevering. Incidentally a friend of mine who had a very mild case of it used Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream skin protectant... which I have purchased too... I found I had instant relief, then a flair up again, so worried it was that I stopped using it for a couple of days and then went back to it and it does give relief from the extreme dryness I do hope this helps someone as it has helped me so far. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi lynda.. I've been suffering from blepharitis for a couple months. I went to many doctors & they wld just tell me the same things.. it's allergies or scrub eyes with baby shampoo. Well nothing worked!! I also tried coconut oil.. didn't work either. So I started researching things online when I came across this discussion. After reading I went straight to the store & got Wet Ones. And I just want to say thank u from the bottom of my heart!! Its only been 2 wks & my eye is almost normal again!! If I cld hug u, I wld!! I'm soooo relieved that its almost gone!! Thank u again!!
    • Posted

Dear Melanie,

So glad to hear it worked for you. Not everyone has the same  success but I feel really good to hear that someone else has gotten relief from this terrible problem.

Hope yoou kill it,

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Lynda

I was suffering from Blepharitis for almost 6 months now. I had flare ups every month with very swollen eyelids, gunk on my eyelashes and my eyes looked awful. I searched the internet for information on the condition and was so desperate to find relief. But all I kept reading was very frustrating. Then, one day, I found your posts about the wet ones. After trying different things for months, I thought, I would give it a try. The best thing is, as a mom in the US, I was already carrying these wipes around with me in my diaper bag. And what can I say?

THANK you so much for putting this information out there. I've been using the wipes for three weeks now and I do it only twice a day. But my eyes have gotten sooooo much better, the right eye is almost completely symptom free and on the left eye there is just a tiny red swollen area left, which gets smaller and smaller with every day. The gunk I used to find on my eyelashes is gone completely.

I will most definitely go on using the wipes for a few more weeks/months. And maybe I will soon be brave enough to use some mascara or eyeshadow again ;-) 

• Posted

Dear Petra,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Thanks for taking the time to let others know too.

It does take over 3 months to kill it but so worth the effort.

As for the mascara, I used it while I was killing it too. You just have to order throw away wands and use 1 for each eye. You have to get new mascara and makeup too. Just do not put a used wand in the new mascara. Use 2 each time, one for each eye.

When washing mascara off use 2 washclothes or makeup wipes so as not to reinfect. Please buy new eye shadow too. I used throw away applicators too. Eye shadow made a great eye liner using 1 applicator for each eye. One end was really sharp and the other end was flat. Looks like a cue-tip just sharp on one end.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Linda,

omg I have never had this before. How annoying and itchy.  I was nervous about the "wet ones"  so Dr. perscribed erythromycin  ointment on lids after warm compress washing.   I look like a crow without mascara..so I bought a new tube and have the disposable wands.   What is your suggestion of process or product for removing the mascara later?   

• Posted

Dear Shickyitchy,

I had the horrible itching too. I used a mascara that could be taken off with water. I used 2 different wash cloths to remove it. One for each eye. I used white cloths to put in the bleach load. I used the make up remover cloths too at times.

I took the mascara off as soon as I came home and did not put it on until I was going out.

The main problem, I think, is that if a day or two is missed this comes roaring back. I did not miss a day. I bought new brushes too for make up near my eyes.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi lynda i found the avon pore penitrating scrub online that has the benzethonium chloride in it and i'd rather use that then the wet ones. So would you just recomend the same regimen for the scrub as the wipes like using it how many times a day for how many months?!

Thanks for your time been struggling with this for a while and want this to work!!

• Posted

Dear moriah,

I can't recommend this product as it is not the same one my friend used. There was no pore product in it just a cleanser. Perhaps, someone could assist you who has used this. I am sorry as I do not know any person who has used this.

Yours,

Lynda79

• Posted

Oh ok well i think it's the one that replaced the old avon product. Does it have to have a certain percentage of the benzethioum chloride or just have to have it in the ingredients. Because this avon scrub has it in the ingredients so would that still be effective in helping cure the blepharitis?!

Thanks!smile

• Posted

Dear Moriah,

If you are want to use something different on your eyes use could try the tea tree oil. It is used on Demodex but it does kill Staph too. Tin tin on this site, said to use 50/50 of tea tree oil and olive oil for 2 times a week and to use 10/90 for the twice daily use. The 10 being the tea tree oil.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I have suffered from the Bleph for 8 years now.  The only thing that takes it away is a shot of sterioids and that lasts for a few months then the process starts all over.  I had the patch test recently at my Derms office and it came out that I am allergic to some fragrences.  Problem is I do not feel that is the main cause of this problem.  I agree 100% with you and I know it is a Staph problem.  I had a bout of a really bad staph infection, cellulitus last summer which took me to the Hospital.  Problem is most Docs really do only the conventional cures which are not for the long term.  I have the problem in my right eye only.  I have tried everything.  So, I am going to try the "Wet One's".  Great suggestion.  There is always an ingrediant that seems to work for these types of things and when someone can identify it then clearly it is a life changer.  So thank you for the info and I will let you know.  Looks like it has worked for many so far.  

Tutalu and talk soon

Suzanne 

• Posted

Thanks for info.

also found in grab n go hand cleaning wipes.

GB purple pack in  large supermarket (T)

• Posted

Hi Lynda i am in the uk and i am finding it difficult to get the wet wipes is there any other products with benzethioum chloride in them?
    • Posted

I am in UK 

supermarket (Tes)

Grab n go hand wipe 20 purple small pkt

• Posted

Dear Suzanne,

If you are in the UK you will need to order the ones in the US. They are in the red box and it is .3% Benzethonium Chloride.

If you are allergic to shampoo or detergents or fabric softeners you may need to try something like tea tree oil which kills the staph too. Let me know if you need that info on diluting the tea tree oil as it was posted on this site too.

People have been using all different kinds of the wet ones and I can only tell you what worked for me.

I had my ears pierced and thought I was allergic to the metal and ended up the solution did not work for me that they gave to put on the ears. The solution was purified water and Benzallonium Chloride. I ended up using the wet ones for 3 days and then went back to the solution.

Please make sure that you are not allergic.

You will need to buy online the ones I used.

Hope this info helps.

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Sophie,

You will need to buy them online. The red boxes. Those are the ones I used. There can be different amounts of detergent and quats in the other ones. Benzalkonium Chloride (Quat) is what is used in the UK from what is posted on this site.

You can look online to see what other products have it in but people have posted on this site about that too.

Hope this helps.

Lynda 79

• Posted

nothing seems to be working for me ive been using the wet ones for 2 days now they finally came yesterday but ive not been getting that same immediate response as others have been getting. My left eye is the one thats worse and red, itchy and swollen on the top eyelid but my right eyelid above and below is just swollen and i am literally losing it i am just so miserable 
    • Posted

Hi sophie34327.    It took me a couple weeks to get relief from the wet ones but they are the only thing that worked for me at first.  I was unhappy with the dry skin around my eyes that the Wet Ones were causing by the constant wiping.  I went to Q-tips.  I just stick the Q-tip in the Wet Ones wipe and squeeze the liquid onto it and then wipe that along my eye lashes.  It seems to work better for me.  It gets the chemical right at the base of my eye lashes which is where the problem is. You have to be careful but I've switched to that method and it works well for me.  The warm compresses helped and blinking!  I read an article by an ophthalmologist who said that from sitting at computers we don't blink as much which can affect dry eye.  He said to blink 20 times in a row a couple times a day.  It's really seemed to help.  It seems to loosen up the oil blockage that can be created from swollen eye lids by moving your eye lid.  I have a horrible time with the dry eye associated with this.  Eye lubricant also helps.  Without Preservatives only.

• Posted

Dear sophie

i feel sad for you. It is so debilitating. I am the same. Can't get rid of red eye, no matter what I try.

unfortunately, we have to deal with the card we are dealt the best way we can.

• Posted

Hi there and thanks for this invaluable information.  Quick question--do you rinse after using the Handi Wipes or let dry and leave?  

• Posted

Additional question:  Could you let it dry, leave onthe Handi Wipe solution and rinse later before using any other products?  I am also using Tea Tree oil and haven't decided which oil is best,

• Posted

Dear Healthy PT,

I did not rinse it off. I used the US wipes. The killing time is 10 minutes for the quats to work. After that time, if it is drying, you could rinse off. Tea Tree oil kills staph too. A person named tintin25 posted on how to dilute the tea tree oil. You could check his info out.

I only used them 4 times a day for just over a week and then cut down. I felt so much better that I could use them 2 times a day for the last couple of months.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Lynda79 the day that I read and tried your wet one method was a turning point for me in my blepharitis care. I thank you so much.

I had tried lots of ideas and medication from the doctors and the hospital but could never get rid of my red eyeballs!! Only steroids got rid of the redness and as the consultant told me it is not a happy affair to keep using steroids in the eyes. I started wet ones in December 2015 and have been constant in my use and cleaning and stopped the steroids. The redness diminished. 

Last week I went to see the consultant at the hospital for a checkup. He said my condition was greatly improved and he did not want to see me for another check up for one whole year.

i told him that I often have blurry eyed days. He pressed my eyeballs and said they were full of eye gel and stressed the importance of massaging the eyeballs to dissipate the gel or drops. A recent eye test at the opticians shows little deteriation of my eye sight but the blurry eye days make me feel that my sight is not good and this is due to all the drops that I have had for blepharitis messing with my vision.

So, the importance of eye massage and heat pads is noted.

I am happier with my blepharitis although I feel that over time, it has taken its toll on my eyes appearance.

Lynda79, I am so thankful for your advice and this forum.

• Posted

You are a god send! I've been going out of my skull with this condition, Dr's have been use less as well. Can't thank you enough for your post finally I have some relief and a treatment plan. I could kiss you. lots of love and sincerely grateful. Jim Marino
    • Posted

This worked for me as well. I had a very bad flare up that caused my eyelashes to fall out. I found this site and decided to try the Wet Ones wipes as a last resort, since other treatments weren't helping. The first few times I used the wipes, it stung because my lids were so enflamed, but each time it got more soothing. I've been using Wet Ones for several months now and have had no more flare ups, and even my lashes have grown back. I was also using Restasis for dry eye twice daily, but I've noticed that even my dry eye has improved so I use Restasis a lot less often. I cut the Wet Ones wipes into 8 little pieces and store them in a jar, using one wipe every evening at bedtime after washing my face.

• Posted

Dear darlene,

Thanks for letting people know that it works for some. 

I still have dry eye and use the drops that are preservative free. I does take a few months to kill this. You can stop after 3-4 months and see if you are O K. If you are bothered again you can start up and see if using them for a few more days helps. I did this twice after I thought it was gone. After that, it was.

Nice to hear that others are getting relief too.

Yours,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda I came across your postings with regards to blepharitis. I've also been suffering with blepharitis for several years which has lead to very severe dry eye. Nothing has helped and it has effected my quality of life in so many ways. I've been to so many doctors and found that they just really don't have a clue. There is no cure according to them. At this day and age we have found cures for certain cancers yet no one can find a cure for something as simple as chronic dry eye and blepharitis. It's been so long I've had this condition that I don't even know how or when it started. I do know it started with itchy gritty eyes, then red eyes, then so dry that it causes my eyes to secrete mucus in my eyes due to the lack of tear film. Doctor told me that your eyes will produce mucus if there are no tears as a way to bathe the eye in something. I constantly have mucus in my eyes from this and it makes me have to constantly be rubbing and rinsing my eyes out with saline and drops. I'm going to purchase these wipes in hopes that they will help with this condition. I've been on antibiotics, have applied warm compresses, has serum drops made from blood platelets, paid for special contact lenses, etc yet continue to have this condition. I will try anything. Thanks for posting. I hope to learn more things that might help on this website.

• Posted

Dear Lena,

I hope this works for you. I put preservative free eye drops in even in the night when I wake. I have dry eye too. 

One young woman had her eyelashes fall out and they grew back after using the wipes. 

These are the ones in the US. If you are in the UK, you will need to order online.

These killed my Blepharitis but the dry eye is still there. I worked at this for over 3 months so please do not think you are done if you get results quickly. I hope you are not sensitive to detergents or other items mentioned. There is lanolin in the wipes too.

Did you read about the makeup? You have to use throw away applicators and 1 for each eye. Buy new makeup and never double dip.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi lynda i am only 16 and have been suffering from this problem for a year now , i am literally up to try anything. have been to hospital atleast 10times and they say the same thing (lid scrubs , baby shampoo, hot compresses) i cam across your method of treating blefaritis, i was wondering if you could send me the link to where i could buy these WET ONES red wipes . thank you xxxxxxx
    • Posted

Dear loula,

I am in the US. You have to go online and I am not sure what the UK uses. The Wet Ones are in a red box and are individual packets for a one time use. They have .3% Benzethonium Chloride in them. 

My daughter killed her latest stye with them.

You just have to make sure you are not allergic to detergents, fabric softeners etc. They do have lanolin and some are allergic to that too.

It takes quite a while to kill it. But the last couple of months only use it morning and night. Staph seems to be the problem on the lashes and these wipes kill that. 

Please let me know how you are doing and I hope you get relief. 

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi, I am new to these postings but also have Blepharitis and cronic dry eye. My Dr. has gotten me to use a tea tree oil foam to clean my eye lids. I have a lot of contact derm so I have to be very careful. My regiment is Restasis twice daily, tea tree oil foam twice weekly, hot compresses daily and most important to me is Muro 128 OINTMENT in my eyes at bedtime. I have been using the ointment in my eyes for years and it is very soothing, it is like looking thru vaseline but does the trick. With this I can open my eyes in the morning and not have my eyelids stuck to my eyes like suction cups, causing injury to my eyes.
    • Posted

Hi. My son suffers from this horrible condition. He is only 4. sad What kind of wipes do you buy? Wet ones? And do you think it would be okay to use on him?

• Posted

Hi. Is it okay if i use the Wet Ones Big ones??? Thats what i found here at Walmart in the us. Would it be the same as the reg Wet ones?
    • Posted

Dear Crystal,

I don't know the ingredients in the container you are talking about. It could be the same and yet not. They sell the boxes at Walmart. That is where I get them. 

Please, just make sure your son does not have sensitive skin or allergic to detergents, fabric softeners, etc.

If you get into the eye rinse with water or put in several drops of preservative free eye drops for lubrication. I buy those at Costco.

You can try once and see if all is clear. Try it on you to see the effect too. These wipes kill the staph. I can't recommend other then what I used. There are containers that are for household cleaning too.

Tea tree oil kills staph too but has to be diluted. If you need that info let me know as someone on this site posted that from the doctor.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

i am starting this regime today.  Nothing else has worked.  I get a little relief for 5 days then it comes back with a vengeance.  I am praying this works.  Do you apply to just lash lines or entices lid?  What do you use to combat dryness.  What do you use to wash your face and eyes?  Do you use drops?
    • Posted

Hi Linda,

I was diagnoised with bepharitis back in 2014 and was pretty functional until the past several months I finally got desperate enough that while i had to hold one eye open to do a search on the subject and tjis thread came up. I do have thyroid issues and take other medications but two weeks ago I purchased wet ones that are in a plastic container. For the past three days I can say I feel human again I feel like my quality oflife has vastely improved. None of thedoctors I went to had any answers how to reverse the bleoharatitis they said it maybe remporary due to meds of more seriously permanant like tardive diskoniza. I do know that its been a great three days butwhen i stress i doo feel my eyelids slightly close. I will continue to use these wet one to clean my eyelids Thank you so much you have made a difference so many others who have responded to your posts as well helped as me 10/19/2016.

• Posted

Dear KP1953,

I had the terrible itching on my lashes so I rubbed a small section of the wipe on my lash area. I did not put it any place else.

One girl who had Blepharitis for 20 years said she lost her lashes and after using the wipes they grew back.

It is a bacterial infection and Tea Tree Oil and honey can work on it too.

I just post what I used to kill it for me.

Some find the wipes to be too strong for their sensitive skin. In that case I would use the Tea Tree Oil.

I use just dove soap. You have to use 2 wash cloths so as to not reinfect one eye. That info was put online by a doctor too.

There are several options on this site to help kill Blepharitis.

The Wet Ones do take over 3 months.

Hope this helps a little,

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Michelle80,

This site does offer many other options to help too. It is a bacterial infection and one site for eyes mentioned using antibioitics on the lashes. They called it "off label use". Makes sense to put the antibiotic on the area instead of in the eye. I know as I used antibiotics in the eye 3 times. I asked the doctor about it and he said some gets on the lashes.

This takes a lot of research and willingness to try new things to get relief. Not everything works for everyone.

I hope you continue to get better.

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Lynda79,

I was on steroid drops 6 monhs ago which helped short term however the blinking came back worse. I am on thyroid meds and switched my meds going from Levothyroxine and Synthroid to Armour that may also be helping however I believe the wipes Benzethonium Chloride .3% have helped I am down to 1-2 times daily and the blepharspasms are at a minimum the past four/five days I am glad there are several different options Thanks so much!

• Posted

I forgot to mention I went to a eye doctor they gave me steroid drops so unfortunately even if I still had a bacterial infection it wouldn't how up steroids mask the issues. But so far I've seen tea tree oil and baby shampoo doesn't seem to be as effective as the benzethonium chloride. What is your opinion of switching from benzethonium chloride .03% to benzethonium chloride .0125% önce the symptoms subside? It's a generic form of wet ones and much larger container.

• Posted

The wet ones worked for me -- my eyelashes even grew back in finally! As a preventive, I stiil use wet ones once a day in the evening before going to bed. After the eyelashes are dry from using the wet ones, I moisturize around my eyes since the wipes can be a bit drying. Good luck to you.
    • Posted

Hi Lynda!

Thanks 4 sharing ur success! Have u thought of posting a you tube video so all could see how to wipe the eyelashes? Also once u wipe the eyelashes do u rinse off the wet ones?

How is your eye now? Thanks.

• Posted

Dear Tt357,

I did not rinse it off but it does take 10 minutes to kill the staph so after that time period it could be rinsed off.

I did not wash with other products as doing too much can be drying and I had such relief I did not need to.

I won't be doing a video as quite busy.

My eyes are fine and the doctor each year looks really hard at each area and says clear after each one.

I only use the wipes now if I get anything on my lashes that cause a problem. That is maybe once in 6 months.

For me it was a staph problem and could be killed. I did use the wipes that are .3% Benzethonium Chloride. They are not .03% as I first thought. Needed better glasses and could not see the decimal. 

A friend using the Avon product killed it in a matter of days she said. They are allowed to put .5% Benzethonium Chloride in facial products. A lot of them have reformulated so Benzethonium Chloride is not in them an longer.

Just under 20% of people are bothered by it so I can see why they did it.

When I could not find any products that had it in it I looked online and found the handwipes had it in it and I had them in my house so the experiment started. Desperate situations call for desperate solutions. 

I post what worked for me and it has worked for others too.

Tea Tree oil kills staph too so there are other options for people.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda

I was told my Blepharitis was oil related..I'm still going to try the Wet Ones ...I would imagine it will work? What do you think?

Also you mention throw away mascara brushes & to not "double dip" lol but like most women don't you usually need to put more than one dip into your mascara to get your desired look?

• Posted

34 year old male from the US here. Sorry if this reads disjointed, I'm trying to get back to work. You deserve a medal for helping the entire world with this post. I swear many doctors, especially in the US are just too overloaded with different problems or just want to make more money. I had conjunctivitis in Dec 2016, not even sure at this point if it was viral or bacterial. I was prescribed 4 types of drops between an emergency care doctor and an opthamologist. One was an antihistimine, one was regular eye drops which I love and still use called Systane Ultra, the other two were polymyxin B sulfate-trimethoprim ophthalmic and something similar with tobramycin. After the conjunctivitis and white spots cleared up I developed what I believe is blepharitis, which as of today I am still dealing with. I have been using anti dandruff shampoo in the shower hoping to get rid of the itch. I use lotion on my face but that's about it. I can barely get through the day at work as I'm obsessed with getting rid of the constant tingling/itching in my eyes. I probably developed it from rubbing my eyes so much while I had conjunctivitis. Anyway, I signed up for this site just to tell you I tried the Wet Ones less than an hour ago and for the first time in two months my eyes aren't as itchy and I can concentrate on work. There is still a hint of itchyness but it's significantly better. I don't know what took me so long to try this as I read the post several times but just got around to trying this. I will keep using the Wet Ones, I have no idea if this will permanantly cure my itchy eyes, but thank you so much because at this moment in time I can actually get back to work and feel like I have some hope.

• Posted

Dear Charles,

I am in US too. I do not have Blepharitis any longer. I had the horrible itching and transfered it to my other eye.

The wipes do work if you are not allergic to the Quats. I used them 4 times a day for just a little over a week then went down to 3 times a day.

Many people who work have had to do them 2 times a day and still got results.

The white spots on you eyes are blepharitis as my husband had those and we thought they were allergies but Dr. said it was Blepharitis. He used the wipes and is doing great.

My daughter got a stye and used the wipes and she killed it in 2 days but kept using them for 4 days.

Most men will stop after a short time when it seems like it is cleared up and then complain it comes back. This takes over 3 months to kill. After the first month it is only 2 times a day so not very hard to do.

I found it to be a staph infection for me.

Please do not give up too soon as it will come roaring back. After 3 months I quit and had an itch or two and used them for a week more.

You have to be determined to kill this.

Tea tree Oil will kill Staph too. It does need to be diluted. In case you can't use the wipes it is another way to go.

I hope this info helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Linda, just newly diagnoed with blepharitis ,and dry eye. Could you tell me the name of the Wet ones wipes you suggest please.I live in England.Thankyou.
    • Posted

Sally, I bought the Red Wet Wipes from amazon. I cut up early hours wipe into four pieces. Must admit though you had to buy a box of them, but I was happy I have them and they worked better than the ones from the supermarket in England. Hope this helps.

Elaine

• Posted

Dear Sally,

You will have to buy them online from what people say on this site. I used Wet Ones, antibacterial handwipes, in the Red Box and they were in individual packets. They had .3% Benzethonium Chloride in them.

I have dry eye too and the wipes do not do anything for that. Bleph seems to be a staph infection and the wipes kill that.

Just read the posts to make sure you are not allergic to detergents or fabric softeners etc. The wipes have lanolin in them too.

This does take over 3 months to kill but the last couple of months are only 2 times a day so that is not hard to do.

Hope this helps you,

Lynda79

• Posted

I have had Mgd/blepharitis for almost 2 years now. Swollen eyelids and under eyes, red eyes, have lost most of my eyelashes. Just curious if your wet wipe regimen still worked or if you have had flare ups since. I tried them but they caused even more red swelling so I stopped after a few days. Maybe I didn't try long enough? Thank you in advance!

• Posted

Dear Kelly,

Some people have sensitive skin and cannot use them as allergic to the Quats (Benzethonium Chloride). The Quats are in detergents and fabric softeners etc. There is lanolin in the wipes too. My Mom was allergic to that.

Tea Tree oil kills staph too. It has to be diluted. The info is on this site for that. If you need it let me know as I copied.

I do not have Blepharitis any longer but if my eye itches for any reason I wipe the spot with a Wet One wipe just to make sure it does not come back.

Some on the site mix Tea Tree oil with baby shampoo. Please read the info as there are some options for you to use.

Are you using the wipes in the UK as they can have Benzalkonium Chloride in them and can be harsher on the eyes lids. The Wet Ones come in a red box. Are you using the right ones? It should say .3% Benzethonium Chloride on the packet. 

I have had several people tell me that their lashes grew back after using the wipes. You can have the same results with the Tea Tree oil too. It is a matter of killing the Staph. 

You can get an antibioitic from the Dr and put it on the lashes too. One online eye Dr's called it "off label use". I used them 3 times in my eyes and realized later it should have been on the affected area.

Hope you find some relief soon,

Lynda79

• Posted

so Lynda your saying it is caused by staph? so if it is,our immunity cant keep it under control? 
    • Posted

Dear Susan,

After I killed the Blepharitis and started posting, I had to look up why it worked. I looked online, asking "What causes Blepharitis". 

I, also, looked up the Quaternary Ammonium compounds (which Benzethonium Chloride is one) and how they worked. They kill bacteria and it is by the disruption of the bacteria cell wall and eventual death to the microbe. They are called Quats for short.

Mine was a Staph infection on the eyelashes. 

Several people have told me that the whites of their eyes became not red, but white after a couple of weeks.

The problem is when it gets in the glands, I am not sure if that can be killed unless antibioitics are applied directly to that area and maybe rubbed in. 

My friend had it running up onto her eyelids and killed it with the Avon facial Scrub. Not being able to find that product made any longer, I search and found Wet Ones with Benzethonium Chloride in it. 

All I can say is that it worked for me so that is why I tried to get the word out.

Everyone should research the causes and all the products and ingredients. 

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Thank you Linda for your great information as the Wet Ones worked for my blepharitis.

It's also so nice that you keep up posting this information for other sufferers.

Thank you!

• Posted

Thanks so much, Lynda! I am in the US and I've tried all of the usual heat, scrubs, drops, antibiotic ointment on my lashes, steroid drops, and now on doxycycline. Nothing has helped much and the swelling is chronic. I'm going to try the wipes again but only on the lash line to see if I can tolerate better. Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Lynda I am too suffering from bleph for 3 months now. Can you tell what allergic reaction I would have if I'm allergic to wipes? Is having very dry cracked hands an allergic reaction of baby wipes as I constantly use them for my baby. I want to make sure so I know if i can the wet ones for my eyes. Thanks

• Posted

Dear Helen,

From what I read it would be having sensitive skin and not being able to use detergents, fabric softeners, shampoos. What bothers people is the Quats in them like Benzethonium Chloride that is in the hand wipes.

Not sure about the baby wipes. Do they have lanolin in them? The wipes have that too. Try the baby wipes on your arm and see if you are bothered. You may want to change to using wet paper towels or cloth to wipe your baby and see if there is a change for you or change the kind of wipes.

You may have to ask the Dr. about your hands and the wipes. Are your hands in water all the time too?

How are with hand lotions? You could try the wipes on your skin first too before you do anything and wait and see. How about wiping them on your hand and see what happens too.

Do you wash your hands after using the baby wipes? You could have dry hands from that too so need to ask a Dr. first.

You can use Tea Tree Oil as that kills Staph too but it does need to be diluted. 

People on this site have used that too.

Look up online to see the reactions to Quaterinary Ammonium 

Compounds. That may help you.

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Helen,

I just read, on this site, that someone is using Sainsbury Tea Tree wipes.

That may be an option for you to try.

Lynda79

• Posted

I was told by my optician last year that I had blepharitis and there was no cure, just use hot compress and wipe with hot water. Now I should say my problem is a lot less than others suffer with on this site but slowly getting worse.

Recently I came across a (UK) magazine article for treatment with a Blephex machine. I googled it and found it is a treatment, not a cure, for blepharitis. The website lists U.K. opticians providing this service. I had it done yesterday, cost £85. Involved eye examination, scrub of eyelids. Not the most pleasant experience but is today feeling good. Due to go again in 6 months. Advised to use a heated eye mask for 10 minutes each night and OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Plus eyelid cleanser, products available in store. The really good thing was the guy carrying out the treatment apparently lectures on it so very empathetic.

I had this done at Boots in Bexley Heath. Apparently the only other Boots optician is in Nottingham. But as I say look at the website for others.

Whether it works, only time will tell but I feel much more positive today

• Posted

Yes probably I wash my hands very often. Yes I started with the wet ones secondary now so I hope it works for me as it did for you. Thank you
    • Posted

Dear Paul, 

The reason it helps is they use Tea Tree Oil and that does kill staph. My doctor said it was used for Demodex. That is the over producing of the mites on the lashes. The yellow deposits you see on the lashes are the excrement from the mites. Icky 

If that helped you you should look up on this site about using Tea Tree Oil. It does need to be diluted.

I have  found that it took months to kill the Staph on the lashes but perhaps the Tea Tree Oil could do it faster. Read what people say on this site that used it.

The wipes are ordered online from the US as the UK wipes have Benzalkonium Chloride in them. Seem to be harsher some have said.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Do you think mascara is the culprit. I wore my eye makeup yesterday and my eyes feel awful today. 
    • Posted

Dear Denise,

Wearing old mascara had bacteria and I think it started my problems as I also had dry eye. 

That is why I still use a throw away wand in new mascara (each month) and never double dip. I use the wand on both eyes as the Blepharitis is gone. I just don't want it back so I am extra careful.

When I had Blepharitis I took off the mascara as soon as I came home and used a wipe afterwards. You cannot put the wand into the mascara as you will reinfect your eyes. 

You could use the mascara only after your eyes are doing better. I used a water based mascara too. Don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Not sure if this is the info you are looking for. 

Hope it helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Michelle,

Sorry, I seemed to have missed this question. The amount is .3% Benzethonium Chloride in the Wet Ones. Anything less may not kill it but just help a little.

Example: My friend used the Avon facial scrub to kill her Blepharitis and she said it took just a few days. In makeup, they can use up to .5% Benzethonium Chloride. 

It took me months to kill it. Although, the last 2 were not hard as just 2 times a day. 

I used the wipes in the Red box. 

Hope this helps and sorry it took so long to get back.

Lynda79

• Posted

Yes ive found only the name brand have the correct solution.. thanks for the update. I want to try the antibacterial facial scrub as well.
    • Posted

Thank you for your useful tips Lynda. Could I ask where you buy your mascara wands please? 
    • Posted

Thank you Lynda. I appreciate your tips. I have ordered myself some mascara wands. Do you change your mascara monthly and use the wands just once? I never want this problem again, so am being very careful with my makeup and following the self help techniques to the letter. 

• Posted

Dear Denise,

My daughter buys them for me as she is a beautician. Others on this site may know where to buy them. Beauty supply shops may be able to order for you too.  I do buy a new mascara each month and do not put a used mascara wand in it. 

I am afraid of getting it back. I do use the wand on both of my eyelashes if I get enough mascara on it.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Your symptoms are similar to mine. Any improvement in the last 2 months using the wet one technique? I am not sure if it is helping me, hindering or not doing anything. perhaps requires some patience?

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I posted last night and am new to this site. I am trying to figure out

which type of Wet Ones to buy. The ones I found in the red containor

are baby wipes. Do the inactive ingredients matter, and I can't find any that are

unscented. Does that matter? Here are ingredients in the red wet one baby wipes:

Active: Benzethonium Chloride 0.3%; Inactive: Water, Sd Alcohol 40, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,

Peg-60 Lanolin, Quaternium-52, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Sodium Capryloamphopropionate,

Disodium Edta, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ehtylparaben, Propylparaben,

Citri

Thanks for your time!

• Posted

Dear JoJo,

Are you in the UK or the US? I am in the US. The ones I used are not baby wipes. The last ingredient is the Leaf Juice. The ones I used are in a Red Box and are pocket size Singles. 

I didn't use the ones you mentioned so can't really comment on how they would work except they could perhaps be gentle as for a baby's skin. The main ingredient is the Benzethonium Chloride that kills the Staph but do not know how these other ingredients would work on the eye area.

You can buy the boxes online if you want the same ones. Those are the ones I used.  The UK ones use Benzalkonium Chloride in the wipes and some have said they were harsh on the eye area.

Hope this helps as similar but some different ingredients. You can always use the ones you bought on your hands.

Let me know how you do after you try them. It does take a few months.

You can wear makeup and kill it too. That involves throw away mascara wands. Be careful not to infect your other eye if in only one eye. I say that because I did that. Use 2 wash cloths to clean your eyes each time. That was mentioned by a Dr, online, too.

Wish you success and if you need more info let me know.

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda! Thanks for your prompt reply.I live in U.S. I now know which ones I need and can get them today.  My case is kind of complicated, mt Bleph as developed cataracts and so many other symptoms. I'm hoping that i don't jeopardize my situation with wet ones,but I am so completely deparate, as I have other serious health issues to deal with as well.

Thank you so much.  I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thank you again! P.S. I couldn't evem conceive of using eye make up at this point, but hopefully again someday soon!

• Posted

Thank you very much for your suggestion concerning WET ONES.  I have tried every RX and costly eye scrubs, and treatments from a dry eye specialist for fifteen years,  and nothing has given such quick relief as the WET ONES regimen, and sterilzing my eyeshowdew/pencils with alcohol.  I have been using your method for 2 days and already am so much better.  I am so grateful for your post.  
    • Posted

Dear Rebecca R,

Please use the Wet Ones on your pencils too. They kill Staph. You could reinfect yourself. When using mascara you need to use throw away wands and 2 each time. Use one for each eye and use a new mascara and never double dip. 

I killed the Bleph but I still use throw away mascara wands but I use 1 for both eyes but I do not double dip and I buy a new water based one each month. I don't want it back so I am being careful. I do have dry eyes and use preservative free drops.

It does take over 3 months but you can really quick go down to 2 times a day as you see results. 

I had the itching so in one week I could feel the difference.

Wish you success,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.