Treclin gel- Tretinoin and clindamycin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.

I've had pretty bad acne for about 3 years now. I've tried everything including accutane which I had to finish early because of bad side effects. At the moment I'm using treclin gel which is clindamycin and tretinoin. I've heard really great things about it but that there is a really bad initial breakout. I'm on the month mark and my skin is terrrrribble! Should I continue using it? Is this all part of the process? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

I'm in my 4th month of Accutane and at first I was going to give up because of the initial breakout but my parents told me to stick at it a bit longer and now two mo this on, it's like I've had new skin!!

Definitely stick it out until the end of you'll always think "what if"

Good luck! It'll be worth it!!

• Posted

Thanks Amber! Yes I'm definitely going to stick with it I think. I'm so happy to hear it's worked for you, having acne can be so depressing. 

Thanks again! smile

• Posted

Hey,

I have acne in 4 years give me advice about it and tell the treatment of Acne

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.