Trouble finding vans deferens during vasectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had my vasectomy 5 weeks ago. One more week and I'll find out if I'm clear. What troubles me is the doctor couldn't get to the right side vans deferens. That testicle has had quite a bit of atrophy and he thinks it may be useless anyway. Have any of you guys had a vasectomy where the doctor couldn't get to one of the vans deferense?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's 3 months in UK before you get the all clear test

I'd be prepared for a fail if not just on time but the right still working. It can also take longer than 3 months to get clear, almost a year in some cases.

• Posted

Had one last Friday and it's 16 weeks (4months) before I submit a sample. If that isn't clear it's another 12 weeks (3 months) after that!

• Posted

If the right isn't working I'd also recommend a testosterone test.

I had a bad vasectomy and had to have an epdidymectomy on the left which also included fixing the tethering that the original op caused as it was pulling in my groin. 6 months after the second op I felt terrible. Had full bloods and my T was low. Had to go on TRT which I've been on a couple of years. That's up and down as it takes a long time to sort out and still isn't right for me.

• Posted

I have a pituitary adenoma which is a small tumor on my pituitary. My T was bottomed out. That was 2 years ago and I've been taking shots for almost 2 years. Yes it takes a while but I feel much better. I go in to check sperm level next week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.