Trouble Sleeping

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys. I made an appointment for therapy. They said they would call me back, so..fingers crossed! Where I'm at right now, it's 3:23 AM and I can't sleep.. I've been trying to sleep for almost 2 hour's now. Every time I try to close my eyes & just relax, my heart starts beating fast, I get a slight lump in my throat feeling, and my head/neck feels tingly. I also, get a panicky feeling. It's driving me crazy. This always happens when I need to be up at a certain hour.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Stay strong, you can get through this.

How long until your appointment?

• Posted

Up until you get your therapy try and make yourself tired work out either go gym or jogging if you feel up to it do it about an hour before sleep there are also videos on YouTube from a variety of different people called asmr request s put them on when you are unwinding they helped me get to sleep easier hopefully it works for you to all the best kayla
    • Posted

The thing is, the sleep/anxiety meditation videos on YouTube worked a few times, perfectly, but now I have lots of trouble sleeping again.

• Posted

Hi there Kayla

I have a lot of trouble sleeping. I am going to share some things I do to try and relax my mind but we are all different so it might not be as helpful to you. They sound boring but boring can make your more tired.

1) I love to plan. In my head, I like to plan out the next morning (also a technique for keping your mind away from intrusive thoughts).

2) I imagine myself in my dream life... what would I be wearing, thinking and what job would I be doing. Think of each detail of this person and create their life. It is like an escape from your anxity mind/life smile

You have to use your imagination but it can help. I often lay in bed thinking about dying or convincing myself I am ill. 

• Posted

Thank you for the suggestions. I've done those, without thinking about it, but I'll definitely do them anytime I have trouble sleeping. I think I'm dying, almost every time I'm trying to relax and go to sleep.
    • Posted

I am sorry I could not suggest anything new kayla sad Have you tries writing things down in a notebook? I have found logging my symptoms of anxiety with the time/date helpful because I can look back and see that I have had this all before. It helps calm me. What is your worst fear?
    • Posted

I have a journal, and I write down things that have been bothering me and positive thoughts.. It's okay though, hon. smile
  • Posted

This is the time you pull up a meditation video on breathing or healing. Tons of calm apps as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.