Trouble urinating after 5 weeks of bladder sling and rectocele and cystocele surgergy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a easy time after surgery, except for bladder. I had a catherator when I went home from surgergy. Which was out patient. The next day they took it out and I could pee. Had to go back that same day and have it out back in had 2 liters they removed. Had it on for 3 more days went back still couldn't pee. They showed me how to self cath, so I did that for 3 days and was able to go but would only go small amounts. For last 4 weeks been going but not normal. Meaning sometimes a good flow other very slow or almost a drip. Very frustrating. Now I'm not going. I did s self catherator at 12 today now 8 hours later did it again. And only 5 oz came out. I'm scared it back up into kidneys. I've drinker more the 8 glasses today and a glass of cranberry. I did not have bladder trouble before surgergy. I am in very good health, except for having prolapse and going threw surgergy. I really hoping it just starts working again. Anybody else had this kind of trouble.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Did you have a sling?
    • Posted

Lol just noticed it's in your title. Maybe the sling is too tight? Have they checked that? I would go back to dr. Was it a urogynecogist that did your surgery?

• Posted

Almost think I should go to ER. I think I will call after hours care. Thanks for replying.
    • Posted

I agree. I don't think a non Urogynae is even allowed to put slings in. They have to legally have had the training. So gathering you had a Urogynae. Has your urine been tested for infection after all those catheters?

• Posted

If you are in a lot of pain or feel sick I would definitely go to ER or clinic
  • Posted

Hi

I had same issue after mine

I had intense pain with not going and got a really bad bacteria from surgery

I still can't go properly after 6 months

Pulled it to tight and believe the mesh is cutting into me as I now feel shaped pain cutting into me

You need to see dr as you could have infection as longer urine sits there and if you have had catheter it dosent drain all the urine properly which causes infection as its not sterile.

Wish you luck and I hope dr fixes the issue.

Take care

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I was tested last week and they gave me Bactrim but sent it off to lab, it came back negative so I quick taking. I had some left and took it last night. I didn't go to ER it's been a long night. When I do catherator only getting 3 to 4 oz the stream is strong, then I get a sharp pain and it stops. Almost feel like the hole is block. Crazy.

• Posted

You cannot just stop and start antibiotics. Did the person giving you the lab result tell you to stop them? Also you can't just take part of a course. Now your urine can't be retested for a few days as you have antibiotic in your system which could cause a false negative lab result.

• Posted

Sounds like a bacteria

They need to grow it and sometimes they need to check it a few times before it grows

Antibiotics won't interfere with the results of bacteria if that's what it is as antibiotics don't kill bacteria only certain meds do

Try drinking water and some urals and head to dr in morning

Need to check it out as can cause issues with your bladder and move to kidney and you feel uncomfortable

Try to have a peaceful night and take are

• Posted

SORRY - wrong information given above. Antibiotics are used to kill BACTERIA!! Sole purpose. Antibiotics WILL interfere with the lab trying to grow the causative bug. And especially if you only took part of a course, then randomly took another tablet later on. Antibiotics don't kill VIRUSES!! You are not likely to have a viral infection down there. As in the common cold or flu. They also don't kill fungus, example thrush - this needs a fungicide. A simple google search asking "do antibiotics kill bacteria" will give you a resounding YES! I'm a Senior Registered Nurse so do know what I'm talking about!

• Posted

Everybody should know that you should always complete a course of antibiotics once started. Not doing this is what is causing antibiotic resistance. A couple of antibiotic tablets taken and not a full course just means if there is a BACTERIAL infection, it will just come back.
    • Posted

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I went in urologist and they took a sample in a cup. In the office it tested for infection. They also took a clean sample and sent it to lab. Meanwhile they told me take antibiotics. I called in Friday to see what lab reports were and they were negative. They said I could stop taking. So I did...... Then on Saturday I wasn't peeing and did the catherator. I took antibiotic since I had them incase since I did the catherator so many times with only 4 oz coming out. The flow would be going strong and suddenly stop, I would get a sharp pain no more urine. Nurse did call back this morning, really didn't want to go to ER. She suggested not to drink as much, come in Monday morning if i feel I can wait.... This morning I did pee on my own again not a lot. Hoping things start back..... I did not have trouble with bladder before only if I sneeze and bladder full. Do you have any suggestion for getting things going again? Puzzling that it's not corrected itself since it's almost 6 weeks.

• Posted

I've been taking Tynol PM at night to sleep, I just looked up side effects, That could be my problem said it can cause urine retention and slow flow. Hopefully that's it. Want take any longer.smile

• Posted

Due to a experience I had

some bacteria such as two main ones only certain medications only work so other antibiotics won't stop the growth in the lab,that's what I'm saying

Antibiotics do kill infections but I was talking about certain bacteria infections

I had one myself that it grew in lab and I was on 4 antibiotics a day but didn't effect outcome not help I would hate anyone to have it.

I hope your feeling better sorry if I confused you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.