Trouble walking

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer from flat feet bought shoes for work with a arch still finding it difficult to walk straight its getting me down I suppose next stage crutches so unhappysad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you been referred to a podiatrist? Suggest this to your GP if you haven't
    • Posted

I didn't think of that many thanks I'm seeing my doctor soon hugsxx
  • Posted

I too have flat feet, which have been made worse by a major ankle injury affecting my gait.  I got referred to the podiatrist at the hospital to be measured for orthotic insoles for my shoes.  They make them to order so it takes a while.  Unfortunately they were so thick when I got them, they don't fit into any shoes I can buy in normal shoe shops and I'm reluctant to wear specific 'orthopaedic shoes' which are awful.  I then went to Boots chemists and chatted to the pharmacy counter who recommended some off the shelf, theyve been great.  They cushion my whole foot and support the arch in just the right way for me to walk better and therefore cause myself less pain.
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice I am seeing my doctor soon hugsxxx
  • Posted

Definitely see a podiatrist. My local chap has changed my life, has virtually cured my toe pain and back pain improved immeasurably too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.