Trust Me, I'm a Doctor - GCA

Posted , 7 users are following.

One to watch for those of us with GCA.

BBC2 this Wednesday, 15 February at 8pm. GCA is one of the topics they will be discussing.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes this was trailed by PMRGCAuk.co.uk in their newsletter as follows:

TRUST ME, I'M A DOCTOR

Trust Me, I’m A Doctor, the BBC’s flagship health programme, is planning a major item on Giant Cell Arteritis, the needless sight loss caused by poor diagnosis and treatment, and the benefits of a fast track system for patients. BBC producers attended our AGM and Members’ Day last June and carried out some filming. The programme is currently scheduled to be broadcast on Wednesday 15th February - keep an eye on our website for any changes.

With best wishes from all at PMRGCAuk

• Posted

Will you be able to watch it in the US?  In Canada I can't view programs on US or UK networks.  The US thing is particularly irritating as we get the networks on cable, and I don't see why I shouldn't have the ability to view the same programs on my computer at a later time.  I'm too cheap to pay for DVR capability! frown

• Posted

Yes, should be well worth watching.  I attended PMRGCAuk's AGM last summer where filming took place for the purpose of featuring GCA in one of the BBC's programmes and its risk of loss of eyesight due to lack of diagnosis, and the benefits of a fast track system for patients.  Well done BBC for highlighting our cause.  

• Posted

I watched the programme, very good. Had the scan for GCA 2 weeks ago. (ok) What  surprised me though was telling viewers  to go to your doctor if you suspect GCA.....don`t think that would be quick enough!  A&E more like.....

• Posted

A&E would be first choice for me too, Linda, after my own experience in battling to get a diagnosis from GPs for my horrid symptoms some years ago.  Mind you, having said that I hope GCA never rears its ugly head a second time, once was enough!

I have heard through the grapevine that the doctor featured in the programme on Tuesday evening is to produce an article for the Daily Mail at some time in the future.  That's as much as I know at present. 

• Posted

I would love to watch this by computer here in the U.S.What would the

time difference be and what website would you go to? Thanks for any

info

• Posted

That depends on where in the US you are.

EST 5 hours behind UK

CST 6 hours behind UK

PST 8 hours behind UK

• Posted

Just google bbc and trust me I'm a doctor.  I tried to view an earlier episode, but no luck.  I shall have to ask my tech savvy son to set my computer up so that foreign websites cannot tell where I am!

• Posted

Thanks Susanne,I am in the middle of time zones central standard.

So I am taking it to be 2pm for me on Wed

• Posted

lol oooh a mystery lady ha ha.Thanks Anhaga for the tip.Hope you

get to watch

• Posted

The shows are available on the website for some time after the initial broadcast, so I should be able to, if I get around to the proxy ISP thingy.  Not entirely sure I want to as there are probably some apps which are only useful if my location is known.  I don't know how selectively one can conceal one's location.

• Posted

That's a good thought.It's amazing how many things you have to

dodge just to enjoy watching something online.Whatever happened

to simple lol

• Posted

I suppose there's a chance that many tv shows will eventually show up on YouTube.  For example I've seen some of my favourite Nature of Things documentaries are now available on YouTube, not just the CBC website.

• Posted

That's a thought.Youtube is becoming more tv like.I'll have to

keep that in mind.We watch alot of PBS shows/documentaries

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.