Trying cymbalta for tn a little afraid

Posted , 3 users are following.

But im running out of options i have oxcabazpine available to me but it makes my muscle hurt for some reason i was recently trying amitriptyline it worked great until i started upping my dose then i notice i may be allergic to it not terribly bad but notice able like my eyes are still burning an i got really hot the other day an had a heat rash show up on my arms twice in the 2 days im still trying to come off of it.

With cymbalta im worried about if it loses its effectiveness an i have to come off i have heard horror stories from the lawsuit an i hoping i dont have that happen to me anyone taking this drug cymbalta

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I've been on it since August and haven't noticed side effects. My pain isn't as bad as it has been but last Sunday did get a pain that made me cry. Only happened once but was awful. What are the lawsuits re this tablet?? My GP said she has quite a few patients on it with no problems. I hate taking medication full stop and would love to be off all meds completely. Some hope.

Paulax

• Posted

Just look up lawsuit for it. It is when you come off of the drug is what makes me worry is all i would rather stay on something for ever but i have problems with drugs because i become immune to them an they quit working correctly
    • Posted

God I wish I'd known that before being told it's fine to take, no mention when coming off them. I say I've not noticed any side effects, well after reading about the drug it says nightmares and I actually woke up screaming two weeks ago after a really scary dream. My other half nearly had a heart attack and it didn't do me much good either. Up to you if you want to take it but I'm now worried about coming off of it. Thanks for the heads-up. Hope you find something that helps you really soon!

Paulax

• Posted

Paula if you come off it do it really slowly i think you will be okay but i have had some crazy dreams before
    • Posted

Thank you (sorry don't know your name). I will do. Problem is the tablets are only 30 or 60mg with a max dose of 120mg daily. I'm on 60x am and 30mg night. Shame I can't reduce by 10mg. Never mind I'll figure it out! Good luck.

Paulax

• Posted

Hi to you both,

Just wanted to comment on the fact that I have some seriously realistic yet completely surreal drams in which (amongst others) I have had conversations with, or rather full on rants at my son for coming home late after a night out and telling him off for making noise, yet in the morning I go to check on him and he didn't actually come. That's one of the more memorable ones. I find sometimes that I can't distinguish between the dreams and what is real, quite disconcerting. Butr on the plus side I did sleep!!

Hugs

• Posted

Hi both. What I meant was it would be better if I could reduce by 10mg instead of 30mg as the tablets only appear to be sold in 30 or 60mg form, not in 10mg. Surely the withdrawal problems would be less if coming down by 10mg at a time and not 30mg as that's quite a jump.

I hate tablets. I've never woken up actually screaming my head off ever and I'm 48! Scary these tablets. Still, as Susan said, at least we sleep!!

Paula x

• Posted

You can empty some of the pill out they have little pellets inside hope that helps. Have you had bad dreams. I have some sometimes
    • Posted

My dreams are more vivid and really awful at times, and I never had this problem in the past. Off to bed now, I pray for a peaceful nights sleep! Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Paula x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.