Tumerac

Posted , 8 users are following.

May be a silly question but has anyone heard of tumerac for help with depression? Willing to try anything xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you mean turmeric as in the spice?

Where'd you hear this from?

Not criticising just like you I'm desperate and I can't see a spice doing any actual harm (might be wrong!).

Would love to know if it does do anything like as I'm desperate too!

Hope you're ok, thinking of you as always xxx

• Posted

Yes sorry spelling error.....yes heard its really good for you and apparently has been known to help with depression? It's gotta be worth a try right? Xxx
    • Posted

Just looked it up online.

Might be worth a go. What's to lose at this point eh?! (I mean that for both of us btw haha).

I mean a lot of western or "proper" medicine has come from natural treatments really...

Unless there's some bizarre interaction tumeric happens to have with our prescribed meds?

I have no idea!

Hopefully someone with some more experience/knowledge will be able to advise.

I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point!

xxxxx

• Posted

No I haven't heard anything about it helping people with depression. However, I know people who give it to their dogs who are suffering from joint problems. Apparently turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and I have only heard good things from my dog friends.

• Posted

My sister has been taking tumerac now for a few months. She says she has definitely noticed a difference. She suffers from depression and anxiety says she felt less anxious within a few weeks of taking tumerac. Worth trying is what I say . X
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice.

Do you know how you actually take it? Like can you get it in tablet form from somewhere or something?

Thank you for your help xxx

• Posted

I was that desperate I tried smoking weed the other night, it made me have a huge panic attack, scared me to death! I will literally try anything!

Ordered those capsules on Amazon by the way xxx

• Posted

Omg that's such a coincidence!

The other night I was just absolutely desperate, and I was seriously asking my friend about weed.

I was told off and told I wasn't allowed which in hindsight was probably for the best!

It's so hard when you take all the meds you are prescribed and they don't work, then drs etc judge you for looking elsewhere like weed or alcohol.

It's like, I'm not an idiot, I get that neither weed nor alcohol is a healthy idea. But what's the alternative?

Sit and wait for help that doesn't come?

Sit and wait while the meds don't work?

I think unless you've been there, in that desperate place where you're willing to try anything, you can't judge.

I'd rather be drunk and alive than sober and suicidal.

Maybe that's just me xxx

• Posted

Yes woulda been a bad idea, I was so scared and just wanted the feeling to stop.

Yes I'm the same I get judged for drinking but it helps me most of the time, no it's not a solution or a long time solution but it's a quick fix at the time and I'd take that over feeling horrible!

I constantly think about suicide, I can't help it! Xx

• Posted

Ooh god I will stay away from it!

Poor you that sounds awful.

I know, every time I have a drink I feel like I'm being judged, but guess what? It helps me sleep when I've been awake for days. It calms me down when I want to rip the mirrors and curtains down when in having a panic attack. It stops me getting in my car and just driving and never coming back.

So yeah, I'm drinking too much, it isn't healthy, but it's a hell of a lot healthier than death.

Hang in their my lovely friend.

You know it's been nearly a year since we first started talking? And we are both still here!

Proud of you.

xxxxx

• Posted

Know what you mean, I've had a few drinks today, felt OK-ish now feeling on the edge, thinking and feeling again sad xx
    • Posted

P.s I do remember the first time we spoke, you were so so kind to me, helped me a lot xxxx
    • Posted

Agh my lovely, you've helped me a lot too.

We're still here gorgeous! It's an achievement!

Keep on hanging in there.

Thinking of you xxxxx

Ps phone is knackered so can't text etc, but always thinking of you xxx

• Posted

I helped you? Never heard that before xx

Thank you though, Just put my babies to bed and going to try to get some sleep myself,

Love you lots xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.