Tumeric Supplements

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone has tried tumeric supplements for their LS?

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I asked my gyn about it. He highly recommends in in sage amount. But not if you have any level of gall bladder issues. I didn't know I had small stones until I had an xray for back injury.

• Posted

Yes, I have been using for about a year. I think it helps. Good anti-inflammatory. No side effects. I would try it!
  • Edited

I put Turmeric in my food.  Was it anti inflammatory?  I can't remember.

• Posted

Anti inflammatory - Cythia already gave the answer.  Do you use it orally Cynthia?
    • Posted

I just read that it is used for a lot of issues and skin issues was one of them. I think if you take it in a capsule you want one with black pepper in it for better absorption.
    • Posted

Yes, Hanny, I have been using it for over a year. It does help, The one with pepper is better absorbed, but I have a sensitive stomach so I am afraid of that one. I recently found a gel cap and favor that one. Get the highest milligram you can find, and of course it is orally. Many people take it for different forms of inflammation. It can be found at the grocery in raw form, if you want to use in juicing or other food preparations as well.
    • Posted

Thanks Cynthia, 

​I have been using it in food,  knowing it was good for or rather against inflammation, but not on a regular basis. 

• Posted

I would recommend on a regular basis, if possible. We need as much in the way of anti-inflammatory as possible.
    • Posted

Do you or any one else take any other anti-inflammation supplements?
    • Edited

Hi Joanna, I also take ginger supplements for inflammation. You can buy it in its raw form as well, and use in cooking or juicing. I love ginger, but to make sure, I really get it every day, I take the supplement. There are also teas with ginger and turmeric at my grocery store. Hope that helps, Joanna.
  • Edited

Well, being a bit skeptical, I researched turmeric A LOT before trying it. I started with a supplement that did not have the piperine in it. After just a few weeks, I decided to go with this one because I didn't know if I was getting enough pepper in my system to absorb it quickly. It was helping with my arthritis- less pain and easier movement. I noticed my arthritis pain was significantly reduced after just 3 or 4 days!. I also noticed my issue with spinal stenosis was better. After a couple weeks, I saw my mood was elevated. (I have depression issues) I decided to reduce my dose of antidepressants. Two weeks later, I stopped the antidepressants completely. I thought some improvements might be the placebo effect and skipped a few days. WOW, won't do that again. Pain in knees and back returned. Then, by mistake, I stopped retaking it due to dealing with a family member's medical emergency and having to go out of state. A week or two without this, I was in SO MUCH PAIN, both knees and back, that I was back on pain meds; and my depression returned! This is not some placebo effect. It works!!! Can't say it will work this well for everyone, but I am never going to stop retaking this. I have put two weeks' worth in my purse, so if I have to leave again for medical family issues, I will not be without it. And that also gives me time to order more to be sent to wherever I am!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.