TURP without RE

Posted , 9 users are following.

OK don't get excited because of my thread title. That said I could swear a few days ago I read on this forum of a TURP procedure that did not effect normal ejaculation. It was called non RE TURP. or something like that Was this being discussed here or was I dreaming? 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Illegal drug use could have caused that, UF!  :-D  Sorry I don't have more info... and don;t recall any such posting...

• Posted

I have never heard of a TURP not causing retro. Get this...my urologist talked me out of having a TURP!
    • Posted

Sorry for the late reply. I had an MRI and a biopsy which confirmed I had prostate cancer (Gleason 6). There were 4 areas of concern. 2 which were cancer and 2 which were pre-cancerous. So he treated all 4 areas with HIFU. The hope is that treating the two pre-cancerous areas (one on each side) will relieve some of the pressure on the urethra. I should know in about 3 months post procedure. My urologist said we can always do a TURP but because I wanted to avoid retro, he said let's see what the results are with the HIFU first. So far I can report from my recheck that I am able to empty my bladder. Let me know if anyone has any other questions.

• Posted

Hello  ES  I was just looking at some of the information on this and got rid of it.  You may have reto anyway that is one of the side effect.  I just read that it may cause erection problem and you will not be able to father kids which means retro ejaculations.  Please when you get into sex again please let me know what happens.  I will say a prayer for you.  Did your doctor talk to you about the side effects...Ken
  • Posted

I believe someone commented that they had no problems such as RE after a TURP.
    • Posted

I had TURP done on june 8th. Have no problems with that. My next follow up is next week and will be discussing why in the past 2 weeks feels like my problem urinating is coming back. I am not happy about that.
  • Posted

Don't have a turp  You will most likely have retro that is a given.  They are maybe 3% that do not have it but it is very little..  The post you read was on PAE.  Your ejaculation will not be the same because of the prostate being but out of wak no more fluid coming from it.  You will only have the fluid coming from the semial vessels but some is better then not having it at all.  It can also be the meds that you go on for a while..Ken  

• Posted

Uro told me 85% chance of RE. I'm 59 not too worried about. I'm pretty sure Urolift won't work for me because I experience bleeding every few months. PAE might help but I've several instances where people haven't good results. HOLEP seems to get great reviews.

• Posted

It mor e like 95%  the doctor is trying to sugar coat it.  Urolift would open you up and make a path way and PAE would make the prostate smaller.  Don't let them cut away at  your prostate.  Sometimes you have to have more surgery to clean it up.  Life is to short to give up anything.  At 61  I still enjoy the feeling and it's very intence  I want to keep it that way.  I had retor with a pill that my doctor gave me.  There was no feeling it just went flat.  I'm not going to live like that  Ken

• Posted

I told him at the inset, I didn't have a problem with RE. There are a couple guys on this forum that claim the didn't get RE from TURP. I procede with the attitude I'll have it when its over.  have a bleeding problem so I think Urolift is out. PAE, maybe...

• Posted

Try to have anything but before you have to Life is to short to give up anything  Ken
    • Posted

Uncle Festah!  You mentioned bleeding twice, as reason for no Urolift.  Did someone who knows the procedure (Urolift) tell you not to consider it?
    • Posted

I just assumed ( I kow the old saying cheesygrin wink that compressing the prostate with "tie backs" would not relieve the bleeding. Just figured the tissue with bad blood vessles has to be removed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.