TVT. procedure again?????

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a TVT procedure about 2years ago I am sacred that it might be loosening and very fearfull. It transformed my life 99 %. I dread going back to how I was. Can you have it done again????

Thanks.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think it can be done again. But I am not sure on presedure. I had one in dec 2013 and doc thinks it's to tight and there a loop in it and arm not in place so it's eroded and causing mayhem with a nerve. I will not have it replaced as urge caused urge inconinence to get worse and starting to get Sui very slightly. But I am having mine took out in about 4 months.Good luck keep us informed x
    • Posted

Thanks for replying....... Bad luck for you.

Hope it all works out Ok.

I shall keep looking out and will ask my doctor. I

• Posted

I would go see your gp and ask to be referred back to the consultant that implanted the TVT tape and talk the them and see your options xx
  • Posted

I had a tvt op about 5 years ago. Had it repaired twice although it was not causing myself any problems it was causing my partner problems,like you I thought it was great but after repair I have had terrible lower back pain and no one seems to know what is causing it? So think twice about it, talk to your doctor see if there are other ways. I have noticed I am a bit weaker now holding water tend to find if I don't go when I have the need to go I do leak. Hope you get sorted. X
    • Posted

You should always think twice about having something put inside of you, and do research to see if there have been problems with that procedure in the past. It seems like there are several problems with the tvt!

I just can't hold my urine in. Once I have to go, it becomes an emercency! I've leaked more than once and have woken up wet, which hasn't happened since I was a kid. My Dr. put me on Oxybutinin, which seems to be helping. However, I now can't cry cause it causes dry eyes....

Perhaps, it's just something I'm gonna just have to live with.

• Posted

I presume you have tried oxybutinin & TENS machines .Ive had sacral joint injections for spasicity spasms utis seem to be causing .They have worked so far suspect though a quick fix.

A neurogenic bladder from spina bifida found in 1969  seems to be causing  the incontinence  & retention as can't catheterise.

• Posted

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my query. It seems,as if there is many different problems we have all connected to a weak bladder. I think the message is, whilst it maybe to late for some of us, we must tell every young female we know to do those dam pelvic floor exercises!!

Do not do heavy lifting....... Look after your BLADDER..!

I have been to see my Dr and we are monitoring the situation and if nessercary will have an appointment with consultant.

Keep positive.

Moule

• Posted

Really glad you saw your Dr. about it! You're taking all the right precautions.
  • Posted

Pleased your doctor is monitoring it. I know what your saying about looking after your bladder, only problem I had was I didn't know I had a latex allergy and when I had my first child I was induced and they used a latex catheter then hysterectomy too! That is when they realised so I didnt get a choice. Let us know how you get on? X
    • Posted

Again thank you everyon.

I am so sorry to hear of the complicated issues that many people face in regard to the bladder etc. I do think it helps to share.... Do not feel quite so isoisolated.

It is a horrible think to have to suffer from.

Message to everyone.... Do not be embrassed about talking about it to a Dr. They do get paid to help to us.!!

Moule

• Posted

My problem was after i had the TVT my dr had never hurd of the op so i was alone I had more help

Prior to the op. I have seen that many Drs it is unbelievable i had to

Pay private to get the help I needed. Uk should stand with scotland and suspend it until the mhra has done there full investigation, as there is no report system in place as of complications.

• Posted

I was offered another tape - part of the first one was removed after it sliced through my bladder!  The surgeon I saw (a different one to the one that performed the original TVT) said that he preferred the TOT method where the tape exits in the groin.  I would ask to be referred back to your surgeon to discuss your fears.  I didn't opt for another tape, I decided to have my correction with a Burch Colposuspension operation, this is the operation that was performed before the TVT was introduced.  Good Luck, ask lots of questions but don't make any hasty decisions.
  • Posted

I had a tvt sling opp in 20011 ,worst thing i have ever done ,i thought i was going to improve my life but instead i have ruined my life." weeks after the( Private) opp i had an infection ,it felt like my body was trying to push something out my bladder contracted and rubbed on the mesh that feels like a cheese grater,over the years this has become more frequent to the point where i now take antbiotics every day,i have alergic reactions to most of the antibiotics and if the current one fails there is no alternative,On a good day i can function do normal things but generally feel really crappy and tired and run down on a bad day i am really unwell tummy ache bloating back ache nausea burning and no energy, .After the opp my husband i  have struggled to have intercourse ,the original opp made my vagina very small so i hd to have a second opp to make things a bit bigger not conjusive for a healthy relationship,life is pretty misserable, I am now looking at my third opp to remove the tvt as its seems the only option left to me and im sure that is not going to be without problems,If you are thinking of having this op think again do some research ask your friends ,the scottish goverment have banned surgeons form carrying out this procedure, I wish someone had told me before i had it done x
    • Posted

Hi sorry you are in so much pain. But you are not alone. I am awaiting a date for removal from miss natalia price. Alex Neil the Scottish health minister asked all hospitals in scotland to suspend the operation, but unfortunately there are 2 hospitals still doing this sergury as they going by the mhra report that it is safe and it is clearly not. L&p claire xxx
    • Posted

I too am waiting to see Natalia I live in Wantage Oxfordshire,Natalia used to be a neighbour, my original opp was done by Mr simon Jackson at the manor hospital i went to the JR yesterday and spoe to the team it has taken a year to get to this point GRRR, but hey ho i seem to be heading in the right direction at last

Regards

Angela xx

• Posted

I seen natalia privately, as its a quicker process than waiting on nhs list to see her in clinic and then got transferred over for the operation to nhs jrh I get depressed of sitting on my own everyday as not allowed to drive anymore as the tape is cutting threw a nerve and causes spasms in my right leg. My whole body shakes with the pain. The only thing that works for me now is morphine and very high nerve block tablets which makes me feel like vomiting. I found a website called messed up mesh that is very helpful and gives all the latest news on government and how close they are to banning it. There are many women who suffer from this mesh and most go to see natalia as far as scotland. I travelled 4 half hours to see her, just to get help. It's horrible. Life is a struggle but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Posted

That sounds awfull, thanks for your advice lets hope we do not have to wait to long xx
    • Posted

Surgery waiting list is approx 3 to 3 1/2 months. So my op will be about beginning July but at least it's coming out and can't get any worse after that xx.
    • Posted

Lets hope you will be feeling a lot better soon,it would be good if i could get my opp done around that time too.Hopefully we can start to resume some kind of normal life afterwards,and live a little xx

• Posted

I hope so as maybe like your self don't really know what normality is any more. I hope you get your op soon Days are longer waiting for date. Xx
    • Posted

I shall keep you posted as and when i get a date hope they dont keep me waiting to long,I hope you dont have to wait to long for your opp,keep well x
    • Posted

Claire, let us know the outcome of the operation, please. Hope it all goes ok. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.