Two questions please:

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone experience wrinkled tinger tips (with out water and being cold) from Sjogrens?  I have noticed in the last 6-8 my finger tips get wrinkled for no reason.  For expample  I was outside having dinner last night, it was warm like 76  and I looked at my fingers and they were all wrinkled?  I do have Hastimoto so I have read that can be a cause of it.

Also  will a lip biopsy show Sjogrens (if I have it) even when I show NO signs of dry mouth at all?.  I assume my glands are working fine.  My dentist has looked into my mouth and said I have really good saliva.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Go to a dermotologist in regard to your fingertips just to make sure, especially that you are not allergic to something. 
  • Posted

I get wrinkly fingers. I wondered whether its because I was dehydrated.
    • Posted

As far as wrinkles on your fingers, do you mean they look as though they are dry or like you stayed in the bath for too long?
  • Posted

Had SS for 30 years never had wrinkly fingertips....dry mouth and eyes definately, hope it helps...be blessed..have a lovely day😘
  • Posted

My blood test showed positive for saliva antibodies when my mouth was dry , the Rheum had also asked for a lip biospy which I didnt do (chickened out as my skin biopsy for another issue was very painful )  On my follow up visit he suggested I should have the lip biopsy but when i asked him as my saliva was back to normal would the lip biopsy still show positive?  the rhuem said 'No it might not "  

​Did you have a negative blood test for Sjogren's ?

• Posted

Yes  I was neg for SSa and SSb  but my ANA was slightly elevated at 1:80 with a hemo pattenr which my Dr said could be the Hashimoto.  I was thinking a lip biopsy could not be accurate if I have a lot of saliva.  The only time my mouth is ever dry is when I get nervous about something  and i think that is the body's natural reaction.  I do get dry mouth some when I sleep  but I have to sleep with a mouth gaurd that makes my mouth open when I sleep  so I am sure that is why my mouth is dry at night.
    • Posted

Because my eyes have gotten so dry.  I have all 4 tear ducts plugged, on restasis and prn sterioddrops and they are still pretty dry.  I do know i need to drink my water though.  I also on occasion have tingling in my feet  but have no dry mouth wat so ever.
    • Posted

I find the more things I put in my eyes the dryer they are. If you want to try, go to youtube and learn yawning therapy. It is very helpful. Eyedrops really strip your eyes of the only remaining natural tears so the less drops the better. Also pull your lids away from your eyes using your fingers (pinching) and down over your bottom lids to clear your eyes several times daily. Just make sure your hands are clean first. Drink lots of fluids and sleep. 
  • Posted

I was told for ss the ANA test would have a speckled pattern. 
    • Posted

You can research it on the internet, but I was once told that my ANA test showed a speckled pattern, which apparently indicated ss. This test was done by a rheum at a major research hospital. However, that dr never pursued any treatment or sent me to any other dr. I was also told by one of my very well-qualified research drs that he too had an ANA with a speckled pattern at it has had no significance in his health over time. I had my ANA test several times since and they showed nothing (a negative reading). Then I was told that not all ANA tests are the same. No dr seems to care how confused they make all of this for us. But what is most important here is that when I look up the "speckled pattern/ANA" on the internet it does indicate ss. I think I will research to see if there really is more than one kind of ANA (anti-nuclear antibody) test. Please, if anyone can shine a light on this issue please do so. 
    • Posted

My rheum told me i had saliva antibodies in my blood test which is indicative of sjogren's. I tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis and so he advised I had primary sjogrens
  • Posted

As far as wrinkles on your fingers, do you mean they look as though they are dry or like you stayed in the bath for too long?

• Posted

Like I stay in the tub too long  or they are cold.  Even though it is not cold and I have not been in water.
    • Posted

I didnt get dry eyes as such, just felt as though i had pressure behind my left eye and last few days my eyes r burning. I had the dry mouth (fine now) and tingling in feet , but still have burning tongue  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.