Type 1 Diabetic

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter having type 1 diabetic and taking insulin but living healthlife. Now she reach at age of marriage, want to know does normal groom will accept her or not. 

What we have to do for her marriage. I based at India.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Being an older male, I would rule her out for lots of things, bad habits, smoking, drugs, spend thrift or attitude.  I would recommend that when things get serious that she inform the prospective partner. I know that there are arranged marriages in your country which will complicate the issue. 

I am open about my diabetes. Helps me to explain why I am doing what I am or eating so early.  I wear a Titanium dog tag that explains my condition and what to do. I wear this every time I exit my home. If your daughter wants to be open about it maybe she should get a necklass or bracelet with the medical alert on it. Use it as a conversation starter. Those men to stupid to know better will fall away. Would not want one of them as a son in law anyway.

• Posted

Indian society only good in following other styles, in food and clothing store but not broad minded 

good people shall always accept her as a good bride if the groom is not willing then he is not a good match to your daughter

• Posted

Thanks Jaf, you are right. But if you can find out solution will great help to me. We are open for outside india groom also.  Also mention for any other option from other country.

Thanks

• Posted

From which part of india u belong and i can say that have patience and everything shall go better
  • Posted

Wester part of India.

Yes hope for the best.

• Posted

Dear place her add in the best international matrimonal sites  which are payed ones 

later when she gets proposal you can sort her the best grooms.

also i request you to parallely search your local area for a good froom

• Posted

My daughter is also having Type 1 diabetes as well hypothyroidism.

she is only 11 years old.

can you pls tell me what is your daughters diet. which medicine she is taking and how is she.

till date are there any side effects of the medicines and how does she copes when she gets cold or fever.

• Posted

Dear Jaf

Thanks for your advice.

My daughter taking insulin twice a day. She take suger less diet. She takes normal breakfast in morning, at noon takes lunch and at evening against low diet snakcs and at night take dinner.

Yes, need to take care when she got fever or cold. But rest her life is quite normal, do work for 8 hrs. Did post graduation also.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.