Type 2 diabetes pre diabetic no. Meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 78 years old.  I suffer from nausea and weakness.  My doctor told me to eat every two hours.  A protein and before bed a protein. My numbers are low.   I just don't feel well.  

Any ideas

sandy

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandy - I'm Type 2 and 75 so we're much alike and very much in the same boat as I'm not a medically trained person and it's all quite new to me.

Whilst I can manage quite well during the day pacing out my meals I have a problem overnight,

I eat my last meal at 8.30pm because I have to allow at least two hours before going to bed because of gastric surgery in 1959 which removed two thirds of my stomach,  By the time I get and have breakfast at around 7.00am it's eleven and a half hours between meals and I'm feeling quite woozy and unsteady.

What sort of diet do you have? Maybe if you post some details someone more qualified will be able to give some advice.

• Posted

Hi Clive

I'm doing better with my hypo low sugar. Eating a protein every 2 hours it seems to work. Eat especially the protein at bedtime

• Posted

Thanks Sandy, I've been thinking along the lines of maybe a peanut sandwich or something like that before bedtime, but then I have the problem of lying down afterwards.

• Posted

Hello  Sandy i think you need to eat something sweet when you feel unwell your probably having a hypo Low Sugar. before i go to bed i have something to eat.i am 65yrs old and been type 2 for 4 years. was on pills but i know just doing by diet

• Posted

Hi Kathleen

Thanks for your advice. I now, per doctor suggestion eat a protein every 2 hours. Especially before bed. One tablespoon peanut butter, cheese etc. and I am feeling much better. Just afraid of gaining weight

• Posted

I've been told that as I'm on Metformin I can't have a hypo yet I do get a bit shaky between meals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.