Type 2 Diabetic Metformin and Glimepride

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dear,

I am 39 Year Old with T2DM stated Treatment from 3 months Back June 2016 and Dr. Suggested Metformin and Glimepride twice dialy. and sugar level is good control now after controlled diet and doing brisk walk dialy for 30 min. But I am gaining weight. What to do Next?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It is most likely the Glimepride causing the weight gain. I suggest that you go back to your GP, and discuss options. You don't say what dosages you take, but it might be possible to reduce the Glimepride and increase the Metformin.

• Posted

Thank you for the kind reply

I am taking daily twice metformin and glimepride. Is it only metformin is enough to control the RBS

• Posted

Hi Ranganna, While you're waiting for a doctor appointment, do some extensive research on diet and herbs to see if you can get your diabetes under control with less meds.

I help my elderly mother with her diabetes and was shocked when I read the side effects of her meds. It seems they all cause problems that would exacerbate the diabetes. Mostly kidney and liver problems. 

I've had my mother on an extremely disciplined diet, along with herbs and have managed to reverse much of her type II diabetes symptoms.

She no longer requires prescription meds.

This doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.