UFE

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all just been feeling down I'm having a heavy period and I am really blioated. Needed some positivity so been looking on other sites. This is what I found out.

For 90 days post op there is not much improvement in periods anemia or bulk

And the swollen belly does not go down until the 5 month after surgery. After that most women can then fit into pre fibroid clothes and lose weight. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Can't wait hope that means goodbye to out belly button as well. Hope everyone is getting better that has cheered me up so had to share it and it does tie in with what my IR told me so must be right

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia, hopefully you are right and better days are ahead! Following everyone's progress with UFE closely as I'm not sure if this is the way for me. Esmya is still working for me but am on my last packet.....
    • Posted

Hi Christine I don't know much about Esyma I was not offered it. What happens when you finished the last pack of Esyma? Do you get more? I'm really happy with UFE it's just waiting I am not a very patient person.

Did the Esyma work? As people on here have complained about the side effects. That is the only thing that would put me off Esyma the possibility of hot flushes. I had Zoladex and it made me really have severe hot flushes. I don't want them again until I hit the menopause. Everyone is different though. Hope you find some relief soon.

• Posted

Hi, you're supposed to take in 3-month courses, with a couple of months gap between. I had 3 month's gap after my first course, had no bleeding and the fibroids had shrunk quite a lot, then I had a couple of heavy bleeds and realised they had grown again. So that seems to be the cycle, Esmya doesn't remove them permanently. I think if I wanted UFE I'd have to go privately in the UK, there's nowhere close here in Spain. But my daughter-in-law's father (who's a gynae in Mexico) told me UFE is not a permanent answer either, although he does offer it at his private clinic. It's very difficult.ย 
  • Posted

Hi Patricia, I know your OP was a month ago, but I hope you're feeling better now. Thanks for the information. ย I'm not at 90 days yet (about halfway) and I'm bummed that my period has returned, and apparently with a vengance. ย I cannot believe how bad the flow is, and I'm praying it won't last 12 days, which was typical for my periods. ย It gives me hope that this was not for nothing.ย 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.